Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplelove

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Hello all, anyone who wants an iPhone X today should check their Apple Store app asap first thing in the morning.

A buddy of mine who worked at an Apple Store years ago told me they reset their stock at about 5am even after a launch day. Sure enough I checked this morning (EST) and most stores in the area are showing stock for in store pick up.

I snagged a space grey 64gb the one I wanted for 10am this morning. These are New England Apple Stores but im sure all stores will post new stock in respective time zones.

Good luck! Will post pick later lol

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
too bad my wife's phone order is Nov 17-24. I can't cancel it to grab one in store right now. Just have to wait for her...

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
That's really a bummer. It's 30 mins from me... but I still have to wait a couple weeks.

I love my X. She's gonna love it too. Coming from 6S phones for both of us, the camera alone is well worth it.

The only gripe I have so far is that my screen protector and spigen case do not play nice together. My case wants to peel off my screen protector. So the body is naked for now...
[doublepost=1509795468][/doublepost]OK somehow I got the old order to cancel? But when I go to reserve one in store it says there's another order in progress...

So now I don't even have one on order and I can't place a new order! FML

This is why you just wait and be patient.

Reactions: iapplelove

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
My local store has some stock per Check Availability. .. but still not sold on leaving the 8+

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.
That's really a bummer. It's 30 mins from me... but I still have to wait a couple weeks.

I love my X. She's gonna love it too. Coming from 6S phones for both of us, the camera alone is well worth it.

The only gripe I have so far is that my screen protector and spigen case do not play nice together. My case wants to peel off my screen protector. So the body is naked for now...
[doublepost=1509795468][/doublepost]OK somehow I got the old order to cancel? But when I go to reserve one in store it says there's another order in progress...

I grabbed a Spigen screen protector to go with my Spigen case thinking they would be made for set with each other and sure enough they are.

Had this issue last week with the mrs new S8

Reactions: billycuth

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
yep, there was stock in houston this morning right at 6am. no idea if there's any left now (i got mine :))
but came here to say thanks and spread the word to those who really want one and don't want to wait.

Last edited:

jamin00

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
Essex, UK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: billycuth

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
I grabbed a Spigen screen protector to go with my Spigen case thinking they would be made for set with each other and sure enough they are.

Had this issue last week with the mrs new S8
Yeah I preordered the stuff on amazon weeks ago knowing I was going to buy the phones. I am hoping that if I give the screen protector some time to adhere, I will be able to use them together.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Thanks for this! I would have never checked.

All of my local stores have stock so I cancelled my "pre"order for 11/17-11/24 and ordered a phone to pick up in store today.

Still no idea what the hell Apple is thinking with these pre-orders but glad now I don't have to wait!!

Reactions: iapplelove

bpterb

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2014
Nice, thanks for the tip. Got one for my wife & canceled her Dec. 8th delivery

TinyChip

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
California
I checked at 6am for 64gb Silver T-Mobile, it’s now available for Pick Up in 6 of the 12 Apple stores near me. I paid in full, now I get to pick it up this afternoon. I went ahead and canceled my preorder which still has Nov 17-24 for delivery. Thank you to OP

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
Great tip! Thank you. I snagged one at 6am local. Will cancel the preorder after I pick it up.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Does this method let you reserve a verizon or sprint model for pickup without the need for a carrier account?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.