Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Dear Senator Schumer,

I am one of your constituents who lives on Long Island, a top 5 location for paying the highest taxes in the US. I've owned an original iPhone and recently acquired an iPhone 4.

I am very concerned with the problems in our country, the economy, unemployment, two ongoing wars, crumbling infrastructure and inaction in Washington DC, especially in the Senate, where you hold a leadership position.

Now we all know you're a ****ing media whore but I think you should be focused some of those issues mentioned above and leave the iPhone for Apple to deal with. It's common knowledge that Apple announced their press conference to deal with the issue before you released your letter. :rolleyes:

Senator, get to ****ing work.

Respectfully,

rdowns
Long Island, NY

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
While I agree with the message, Schumer isn't going to pay lick of attention if you're cursing at him in writing.

BladesOfSteel

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
St. Paul
What cho talkin about Willis??

They just passed the huge Wall Street overhaul bill. Once again, granting them MORE power over us.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Dear Senator Schumer,

I am one of your constituents who lives on Long Island, a top 5 location for paying the highest taxes in the US. I've owned an original iPhone and recently acquired an iPhone 4.

I am very concerned with the problems in our country, the economy, unemployment, two ongoing wars, crumbling infrastructure and inaction in Washington DC, especially in the Senate, where you hold a leadership position.

Now we all know you're a ****ing media whore but I think you should be focused some of those issues mentioned above and leave the iPhone for Apple to deal with. It's common knowledge that Apple announced their press conference to deal with the issue before you released your letter. :rolleyes:

Respectfully,

rdowns
Long Island, NY

Love it!

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
While I agree with the message, Schumer isn't going to pay lick of attention if you're cursing at him in writing.

You read his.

He's not going to read yours.

missingthepoint.png

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Dude WTF are you talking about? Almost everyone on this site works and has time to write on this forum. If Chuck Schumer is having a problem with his device and wants to write an open letter to Apple, what's wrong with that? Should he ONLY be allowed to work on political issues for every second of his life? I see absolutely nothing wrong with him taking 10 minutes to write a one page open letter. You need to get off your high horse.

s8film40

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
lol same thing for Apple, they won't read our concerns but they can read his open letter.
BTW, this thread is childish IMHO

Not quite as childish as a senator trying to mooch of publicity created from a cell phone reception issue. Unlike the senator the OP actually raises legitimate concerns.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Dude WTF are you talking about? Almost everyone on this site works and has time to write on this forum. If Chuck Schumer is having a problem with his device and wants to write an open letter to Apple, what's wrong with that? Should he ONLY be allowed to work on political issues for every second of his life? I see absolutely nothing wrong with him taking 10 minutes to write a one page open letter. You need to get off your high horse.

See post #6. :rolleyes:

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I heard the high taxes in New York made Rush Limbaugh leave, therefore higher taxes are in fact good. On a side note, maybe Rush should live in Hawaii so that when he has his next heart attack, he can again be saved by socialized medicine.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
See post #6. :rolleyes:

Reading post #6 and don't see your point. Your original post was a sarcastic response to Schumer's open letter basically telling him to get back to work for you. I'm telling you to get off your high horse. Seems pretty relevant and on point to me.

s8film40

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Maybe more corporate CEOs need to write open letters to politicians. After all Apple is certainly doing better than NY even with these issues. Seems to me the politicians there could learn a lot from Steve Jobs not the other way around.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Reading post #6 and don't see your point. Your original post was a sarcastic response to Schumer's open letter basically telling him to get back to work for you. I'm telling you to get off your high horse. Seems pretty relevant and on point to me.

Ah, so you're the guy who invented laugh tracks.

Obviously, you're the type who requires contextual subtitles while watching Monty Python.

Elysian

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010
Ah, so you're the guy who invented laugh tracks.

Obviously, you're the type who requires contextual subtitles while watching Monty Python.

I'm just coming in here to raise my hand and say I like Monty Python. But I'm a big boy and don't need contextual subtitles anymore.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
chuck schumer didn't write the damn letter himself, ffs. he has his people do that.

im sure this was written due to the enormous amounts of complaints, and whose to say schumer himself and his family don't have iphone 4's, living in NYC (where reception is known to be bad) and frustrated with the dropped call issue?

if you were in a position of power, and you had a lot of your constituents complain, would you take advantage of your position to do something about it? i would.

Takashi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
Dear Senator Schumer,

Respectfully,

rdowns
Long Island, NY

I think the OP should get back to work and leave the US Senator to do his thing.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
It's not the fact that this political hack wrote a letter to Apple or to Steve Jobs, it's the fact that he had to make a full blown media coverage press conference about it complete with his staff toadies standing around with dour sour expressions on their faces. It was done solely because it is an election year and he's trying to buy cheap votes.

Any one who buys into his worthless PR and votes for him is really selling their votes cheap. If I lived in New York i'd run him out in a New York minute just for this stunt alone because it shows what a small time cheap political hack he is.

atomicbatteries

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Dear Senator Schumer,

Respectfully,

rdowns
Long Island, NY

If you are serious with regard to this "open letter" to a United States Senator, don't you think there are better ways to get your point across other than using that kind of language. Your point is well taken and I think it is valid, but your approach needs refinement if you expect to be taken seriously, but maybe you don't want to be taken seriously.

Perhaps this is a joke for the members here, then HA HA, very funny.

Perhaps you were never going to make any effort to actually send this to the Senator, which would be very easy to do, I'll send you his email if you like, but somehow I think you don't intend to do that.

If you want to make your opinion heard, which I encourage you and everyone to do, then try writing a coherent sentence without using the kind of language that would probably be forwarded to the Secret Service if you actually sent it.

And also consider signing your real name, if your going to tell them your opinion and that your one of their constituents they would take that more seriously rather than some kook sending nasty foul mouth letters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.