Anandtech should publish disclaimer of their preliminary test!

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
What the title says!

I've had the regular 6 since last Friday and got my Plus today. I ran GFXBench on both. The Plus beats the regular 6 in every single test! Their results were so off and misleading!

Attachments

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
They're so similar that I don't think it matters much.
Did you see what they publish in their tests? I don't think so....
On their Manhattan test (on-screen) they showed as twice as less what the 6 Plus is really capable of.

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8559/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-preliminary-results

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
What the title says!

I've had the regular 6 since last Friday and got my Plus today. I ran GFXBench on both. The Plus beats the regular 6 in every single test! Their results were so off and misleading!
What app is this

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I do. I was hoping for a competent source of quality information. This forum certainly ain't it. Anandtech has a good reputation. It's not like them to be sloppy. For that I can come here and read some posts.
Kind of narcissistic to come here and peruse your own post history.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
I do. I was hoping for a competent source of quality information. This forum certainly ain't it. Anandtech has a good reputation. It's not like them to be sloppy. For that I can come here and read some posts.
those numbers mean nothing for real world usage, who is really basing a purchase off bench numbers. This isnt a gaming PC, its a phone. Good lord.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
those numbers mean nothing for real world usage, who is really basing a purchase off bench numbers. This isnt a gaming PC, its a phone. Good lord.
You don't get it, do you? It's a review. I read the whole thing, not just the numbers. But if they were sloppy with the numbers, what other part of the review did they half-ass?

It's called credibility. In this case, lack thereof.

ap4lifetn

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
What the title says!

is your resolution on the 6+ set properly? I don't have a 6plus but i heard somewhere that the native resolution needs to be set properly on the 6plus

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.