Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hmmm I think I'm going to hold off downloading this tweak for a spell until the kinks are ironed out.

It will be great to be able to sit the icons where I want but not great enough to experience the issues you guys are.

I and I'm sure anyone else following this thread would greatly appreciate any updates from you guys who are using 'Anchor', especially as the updates hit.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Hmmm I think I'm going to hold off downloading this tweak for a spell until the kinks are ironed out.

It will be great to be able to sit the icons where I want but not great enough to experience the issues you guys are.

I and I'm sure anyone else following this thread would greatly appreciate any updates from you guys who are using 'Anchor', especially as the updates hit.

I tried it, it's awful. I want my Gridlock back!

Anchor would shuffle the icons every time I'd reboot or respring, and they'd never stay in place.. was a mess.

Not worth the hassle. Wish we'd see gridlock again.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Did you install the latest update? That one was suppose to solve all those problems you have.

ephumuris

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Mines fine. I took a look on the crack repos and the versions on there are older versions... I guess the people who bought it like me are the ones without issues as they have the actual latest version...

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Mines fine. I took a look on the crack repos and the versions on there are older versions... I guess the people who bought it like me are the ones without issues as they have the actual latest version...

I paid and still issues

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi Guys & Gals,

Here I am again asking if any update has helped Anchor ?

I'd love to be able to place my icons where I want or is anyone using any viable alternatives ?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sadly, I lost my jailbreak about a week or so ago but up until then Anchor was functioning fine for me. No issues

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sad you lost your jail break ��

What happened ?
We (my wife and I) had our Sprint iPhones internationally unlocked. Right now, Sprint is not unlocking the iPhone 5 or below for domestic use (the SIM is different than the 5c and above) but there's currently some sort of loophole that is turning international unlocks of the iPhone 5 into a full domestic unlock.

The kicker is that you have to restore the phone. Which of course, means you lose your jailbreak at this point in time.

So, I restored. I'm on 8.1.3 and hating it. I haven't even bothered to arrange any of my icons that's how much I loathe this. Anyway, turns out out that the loophole I mentioned won't work if there are ANY phones still under contract on your account. My wife's contract is not up until August. Had I known that a day before I attempted to restore I'd still be on 7.1.2 (at least iOS 7 and I had come to terms with my jailbreak being the mediator).

Oh well. Hoping they JB 8.2 soon. I dearly miss BiteSMS and quite a few other tweaks.

P.S. At least my wife is still on 6.0.1 with her jailbreak. :D

Last edited:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
We (my wife and I) had our Sprint iPhones internationally unlocked. Right now, Sprint is not unlocking the iPhone 5 or below for domestic use (the SIM is different than the 5c and above) but there's currently some sort of loophole that is turning international unlocks of the iPhone 5 into a full domestic unlock.

The kicker is that you have to restore the phone. Which of course, means you lose your jailbreak at this point in time.

So, I restored. I'm on 8.1.3 and hating it. I haven't even bothered to arrange any of my icons that's how much I loathe this. Anyway, turns out out that the loophole I mentioned won't work if there are ANY phones still under contract on your account. My wife's contract is not up until August. Had I known that a day before I attempted to restore I'd still be on 7.1.2 (at least iOS 7 and I had come to terms with my jailbreak being the mediator).

Oh well. Hoping they JB 8.2 soon. I dearly miss BiteSMS and quite a few other tweaks.

I hope you get it back asap!

I still am amazed on how difficult it is to get iPhones unlocked sometimes In the States.

In the Uk it's typically unlocked within 72 hours via the Networks which is free for people on a monthly contract and around £15 ($22 ) for people on Pay as You Go !

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I hope you get it back asap!

I still am amazed on how difficult it is to get iPhones unlocked sometimes In the States.

In the Uk it's typically unlocked within 72 hours via the Networks which is free for people on a monthly contract and around £15 ($22 ) for people on Pay as You Go !
Well, if we were on any other carrier other than Sprint this would have been quite easy. But Sprint has only just started unlocking the 5c and above for domestic use in February. Of the four carriers they have been the only one with a draconian unlock policy up to this point.

Of course, if I'd been on another carrier I probably wouldn't have been trying to get the phone unlocked anyway. Oh well.

The kicker in all of this is that the day after I restored Sprint finally got around to upgrading the second tower where I work. Now I have speeds at work that I should have had all along. The whole point for us to unlock was to move to a carrier that would give us what we are paying for.

That's my luck though. :rolleyes:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Well thanks for the heads up with Anchor and as I say I hope the jailbreak tool is updated soon for your version of iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.