Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Also taking reviews for over the ear headphones. Nothing too expensive, just needed for netflix and movies...I know next to nothing about audio equipment, should I just stop being anal and pick a pair at radio shack or is there really any difference among the brands. Thank you.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
Also taking reviews for over the ear headphones. Nothing too expensive, just needed for netflix and movies...I know next to nothing about audio equipment, should I just stop being anal and pick a pair at radio shack or is there really any difference among the brands. Thank you.

Get a set of bluetooth headphones (no wires). I'm a fan of the Jabra Halo.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York

Westone make great in-ear headphones and AKG some of the better over ear (can) headphones, but they cost $$$$

If you want hands-down the best over ear foldable headphones for under
US $50 then go for the Koss Porta Pro's. A little on the ugly side, but every review is glowing when it comes to sound.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
Ultrasone DJ1 FTW.... much better than the Dr. Dre Beats Studios I used to have. And cheaper too

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
well.. i went cheap route because im not an audiophile by any means.. i just wanted something i could throw in my bag and have with me if i needed to use.. i got a pair of iFrogz and they work fine.. were like $10.. but i dont use my ipad for music anyways.. ;) but i did use them with garageband and they were fine.. nice and clear..

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Has anyone used bluetooth headphones on iPad 2 that do *not* have a delay (when watching video) between the video and the audio.

I've heard complaints about this from iPad 1 users but think it may be a bluetooth issue (not an apple issue) but not sure.

Anyone that can recommend a good set of bluetooth headphones without video delay please do so.

I'd like to get the Jaybird (they look awesome) but don't know if they have this problem.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Anybody have some behind the head/ over the ears bluetooth headphones? I've already got some in the ear ones, but I'd like some new ones for my iPad

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Anybody have some behind the head/ over the ears bluetooth headphones? I've already got some in the ear ones, but I'd like some new ones for my iPad

Do your "in the ear" bluetooth phones have any delay on iPad when watching video?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
How's the battery life on those things? And thank u for the advice

It is rated with a battery life of 8 hours of music playback and I haven't had any problem of the video and audio not syncing from the iPad during movie playback.

I have also used the Jay Birds, but IMO the Halo sounds better and is more comfortable.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Do your "in the ear" bluetooth phones have any delay on iPad when watching video?

Just a tad off-topic but I wanted to chime in to say that my Jawbone Jambox bluetooth speaker syncs fine while watching movies.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
I use these with my iPhone 4 and iPad 2: Klipsch S4i In-Ear Headphones

I've had them for over a year now and I still like them, as long as one of the in-ear piece shapes fit your ears well. It comes with a decent amount of those, and a little black suede bag to keep everything in. It has the in-line buttons/mic which were crucial for me.

But there are probably better things out now, and probably for cheaper. When I'm at home, I typically plug in my iPhone and iPad into my sound system or TV... so really I only use the earphones when I'm out and about (walking to/from class, etc).

Cheers,
KP

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I used to use Shure in-ear headphones but recently bought Etymotic HF3 headphones from Amazon. These headphones sound amazing, seals out the world and envelops you in very well balanced sound. The buttons & mic work great with the iPad and iPhone, in fact the mic quality is far superior than Apple's standard set. Etymotics are a bit pricey but well worth it.

Etymotic HF3 on Amazon

EDIT: just realized you're looking for over the ear headphones, oops. The Etymotics are awesome but in-ear.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.