Android gets PSX emulator, what about iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phokus, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Phokus macrumors regular

2. doboy macrumors 68000

Good for you. Now move along. I'm happy with games on the iPhone and I can play console games on my console.

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

If you wait long enough you will get outdated games on any platform. If you only want "free" unlicensed games as soon as possible, then you will always have those options available early on an open source platform because you are not stuck with with coding restrictions imposed by apple. Also, if you wait then you will also get jailbroken solutions that allow you to run unlicensed software on your apple product as well.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Android gets cluttered home screen reminiscent of a 1999 Pocket PC. What about iPhone?

5. chembox macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak it and you will probably find one, I know there's a SNES emulator.

I know the Android's screen is cluttered but it is much more informative and useful than the iPhone's, which is what I think is lacking on the iPhone home/lock screen.

6. jordand321 macrumors member

It has been on iPhone has had it for ages, way before Android. Troll.

7. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

iPhone has had emulators available for jailbreak.

It'll never see light of day on the app store, though.

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Just like a cluttered desk might be more informative and useful than a neat spartan desk, with a phone, a clock, a calendar, and not much else. I'll take the spartan desk.

Not only does the iPhone home screen look cleaner and simpler, it takes less battery juice to keep things that way. More info means more battery power to keep it all up to date on Android home screens.

9. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

We do need live wallpapers, though. That'd be awesome. I love that feature.

10. chembox macrumors 6502a

Nice analogy, but at least Apple should make the clock/weather icons non-static like the calendar.

11. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Woohoo Android has an app that is completely illegal in many modern countries, whoopde freakin do. Seeing as manipulaiting or reproducing the PS BIOS in anyway is really really illegal. And having the ROMfor FF7 is also illegal, genius in that video has just confessed to copyright infringement. So, Law Abiding iPhone Users: 1. Law Breaking Android Users 0. xD

12. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

Yeah...nobody cares about PS emulators anymore.

13. hippo206 macrumors 6502

Don't respond to this guy. If you look at all his post, he is here just to talk trash about the iphone. All he does is gets his info from androidcentral then comes onto this forum and acts like he knows what he is talking about.

Throws out apple fanboy in every sentence. Get out of here droid fanboy!!!

14. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Last time I looked, iPhone had plenty of emulators available on cydia. Megadrive/NES/SNES/PSX/N64.....

Total fail OP. Think before posting next time.

15. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Weather would be nice if it displayed the actual weather in your location, but I really don't care too much about that. It's not like I have to know the exact temperature it is outside while standing outside. As for the clock, it isn't really necessary. While it would be cool, I probably wouldn't even notice it. There's a digital clock at the top of the home screen.

16. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

[​IMG]

17. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup. Had PSX emulator working on the original iPhone in 2007.

18. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Exactly what i was thinking. "Big news, had it for years on the iPhone."

19. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

ok lets be serious we know how the Iphone's PSX emulator is SSSSSLLLLLOOOWWW. The iphone doesn't run FF7 that smooth...hell hardly any of the games are smooth. I never tried any other emulators on the Iphone after that, but I'm sure you can find videos of them on youtube. Probably slow as hell too but ppl here won't comment on that part. Oh and lets not get on how small the screen is on the Iphone.

20. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

LOL@ OP post history. Literally every one of his post are trashing Apple. Really need to get a life nerd. Go outside for a while.

21. intervenient macrumors 6502a

It's easy to make you kids shut up. All you have to say is:

Face it, if the iPhone had a PSX emulator and Android didn't, you'd think it was the greatest innovation known to man.

22. cowsrus macrumors 6502

You kids?
    It's always interesting to see someone on the internet who thinks they are better than everyone else, oh wait thats actually really old and overdone.

like people have said before, manipulated any console game's bios is illegal, its like saying "look android now has torrent capabilities so iphone can suck it!"

btw iphone has had psx since firmware 1.0.3 i believe, it also has had torrent capabilities from at least 2.0, maybe earlier ^.^

23. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

Leave the PSX emulators and Droids for the little kiddies.

24. savior1974 macrumors regular

You comparing a emulator being run on a year old phone (iPhone 3GS) to an emulator being run on a brand new phone (Galaxy S, which has twice the ram and twice the processor speed as the year old 3GS)? Once the PSX emulator is ported to the iPhone 4 (via jailbreak) then if the android version is better, then you have something to brag about.

Not really, the iPhone did have a PSX emulator before Android did. Congrats to android for getting one working pretty smoothly on one of there next gen devices before the iPhone 4. Those are the pro's of being open source. But once the iPhone 4 is jailbroken, we will have one too.

25. vant macrumors 65816

Wow. People still bother to try and play console games on their 3.5" screen?

Seriously whats next? HALO PORTED TO iPHONE!!!! I wouldn't even think twice about running anything more than a GBA emulator on a netbook, let alone a 3.5-4.3" screen.