Android over iPad? What a crock!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GarytheiPhonema, Mar 8, 2012.

1. GarytheiPhonema macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema

2. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

How the heck an OS can be comparible to a device?

3. Angry-Birds macrumors member

You can't really help people like that. 55,000,000 people have overlooked those "shortcomings" and bought an iPad over Android tablet offerings.

4. GarytheiPhonema thread starter macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I honestly dont think that was an unfair article at all. He actually pretty much said that the iPad was a better device. He wrote about why the android tablet THAT HE ALREADY HAD was enough for him not to buy the new iPAD. Based on the info given in the article, i think if he didnt own that android tablet and had to buy a tablet right now, he would probably buy the new iPad.

he said nothing bad at all about the iPad other than not liking the email client. You are bent out of shape over nothing.

6. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

7. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Wait a minute, this thread sounds familiar....

(opens up bible)

Gary 3:16 "And thus, the bible group declared over the Perkins cheese fries that Android was a crock, and that indeed the iPad ruleth over all. Those who did not agree were declared by the Physicians of Brain to be fools. And lo, Gary the Prophet didst then go up unto macrumors, where he too wast declared a fool."

Uncanny :eek:

8. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

He is crying about an inch difference. Why do you need to write why I am not buying an iPad article. Is there nothing else in tech news today to talk about.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, in all fairness, there are some things I can do with my Android tablet I can't with my iPad, primarily centered around my ability to access my file system. But I am not a casual user. I still use Notepad to edit HTML files, I still use FTP instead of DropBox. The complexities that make Android less palatable to the "average" user is precisely what a more techie user can appreciate.

Yes yes, I love my iPad, the app integration is slicker, iCloud is cool, Photo Stream is cooler. But geez try replying to an email and attaching anything to your reply with the iPad.... :rolleyes:

10. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

I have both an Android tablet and an iPad 2 (with a new iPad on order.) I like them both, and use them both. Some things I prefer with the Android, some I prefer on the iPad. And when my contract ends on the Android device, I'll get a new Android tablet to replace it.

I outgrew being a fanboy years ago. I like them both. Then again, I also have both Macs and Windows machines. Like them both also.

11. MR1324 macrumors 6502

did you guys even read the article? he prefers the smaller size of the motorola, which is something ipad cannot offer right now. after using the kindle fire and ipad, i can tell you with confidence that a smaller tablet is more comfortable in the hands, which is what this guy in the article is trying to say. one inch doesn't make a difference? tell that to all the people complaining about the iphone 4s screen size being too small or the people who wanted an 11 inch mba.

12. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Agreed, MR1234. My Android tablet is a 7 inch form factor, and is quite comfortable to use. Variety is good.

13. MR1324 macrumors 6502

yup i'm excited to read the rumors about a 7-8 inch ipad possibly coming out later this year. apple will pull a lot of android users back with that.

14. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I've said it before, and am well aware I will be down voted for attempting to introduce a little common sense to the debate, but to each his / her own. If folks want to use Android devices that's fine, many of my friends do so. This means they are suddenly no longer my buddies?

It's a product choice....And it's also worth pointing out that not everybody can afford an iPad. SOme of the higher end Android devices are nice devices, I just happen to prefer my Apple products.

15. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

So let me get this straight. Having a different personal preference makes you stupid? Just checking.

16. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Nothing that will automatically draw as many readers, which I'm willing to bet is the whole reason for the article.:p

17. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

notepad to edit html and ftp instead of dropbox... man we are like a dying breed haha

And i agree completely, androids have finally gotten to the point where they are fast enough to support their os systems, while i prefer my ios devices for almost all tasks, there are still things my androids can do that apple just could never allow in iOS due to their customer base

18. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

It's what his bible group decided! Who are we to argue?

Also, what Macman45 just said above.

19. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Over cheese fries!?

BRB, selling my tablet.

20. rman726 macrumors 6502

Well he's right on one count:
    "But I’ve found that I don’t use my Xyboard 8.2 for gaming at all. Maybe it’s because the gaming selection on Android is pretty awful."

I have a Touchpad with ICS, and the gaming selection just completely blows. It's hardly even worth the $99 I spent on it.

21. LoloBond macrumors 6502

As I've stated before.... after 3 years with Android, I'm FREEEE! I still have an Asus Transformer and not even ICS the pad can get it close to iPad. I just sold my iPad2 and my "new iPad" should be here next Friday.

22. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

[​IMG]
    Or both.. I mean you complain about the guy obsessing over Android, but then you go about obsessing over iOS/iPad.

You bring no class to the card game.

/bradllez

23. 0000757 macrumors 68040

Hmmm, strange...the only winning move here is not to play at all.

Android has major flaws, but so does iOS.

24. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

stop reading Technobuffalo it's not good for you. All they seem to do is bash iOS devices and compare the iPAD to the Kindle Fire which that was a dumb article. I think all they want is the clicks so they generate more money.

25. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I consider myself an Apple fan. I love Apple. I recently converted from Windows to a MBA and am not looking back (although I do have Win7 loaded in Bootcamp).

However, it burns me to no end when I receive an email from someone asking for a file, say my resume or a spreadsheet, and I can't just hit reply, hit an attach button, and attach a file. Such a basic function is beyond the capability of iOS. I have to close the email, open up OpenOffice, find the file, and email it to the person, losing all the email trail in the process. And God forbid I need to send a file AND a picture. I am screwed. Two emails are needed for THAT.

I think we are far enough along the iOS development cycle that some solution to this should be forthcoming. In the meantime, I grab my Galaxy Tab, fire up GMail, hit reply, hit attach, and attach to my hearts content.