Android sold more phones than Apple in Q1, analyst reports

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MassiveAttack, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Are you surprised? How many phones use Android's OS? Right.:rolleyes:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not surprising.
    In the US, the iPhone has one carrier, and is made by one company. Android is being produced by multiple companies and carried by all wireless carriers.

3. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Lets see what happens when the new iphone is realesed

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Really? After the thread on the Incredible I gave you the benefit of the doubt...

You're definitely just a troll.

5. iChristopher macrumors newbie

iChristopher

LOL.

That's like saying specific shade of green is worse than every other shade of green, because it's used less.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Even so, he'd need to compare the Android with the 3GS or 3G right after they came out. The Android is fairly new, so right now it's getting the buzz.

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Eh... I think it's just because it's on all four major carriers. That's counting the Moto Backflip... I don't know if people buy that one though.

I think that this really could show Apple how much they are missing out on being locked into AT&T.

8. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Thread needs new title.

I'm voting for:

"A collection of FIVE+ manufacturers may have outsold Apple, -Analyst Says...."

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Andriod has a buy one get one free sale going lol.....who wouldnt want that deal

iPhone is on one carrier and the plans are "expensive" to a lot of people

Blackberry is $29.99 buy one get one free also and you can get a BB on Boost Mobile

10. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

This is not the place for this kind of news. :( Very trollish.

The iPhone 3GS is now considered old so it's at the end of its life cycle and has less appeal at the moment. You watch sales skyrocket with the next generation iPhone.

11. jbro1999 macrumors regular

I would hope they did... Pretty weak if they don't. How many phones is it on? How many carriers? Doesn't mean it's any better, believe me.

12. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I have to believe that all those Android guys sat up nights thinking of the best timing to come out with their phones. Get in there a month or so before the new iPhone and you will outsell and the press will go mad! See, it works.

But wait, what is going to happen when 4G comes out? I have a feeling this is going to be a real horse race but my money is on Apple. They are Very Smart indeed. Like the prototype of their phone happens to be "lost" by an employee? Oh, sure. I think they just wanted to spoil the enthusiasm for Android based phones and pump up the 4G lust.

This is more fun than a roller coaster ride.

13. tnisatard macrumors 6502

not surprised HTC alone is putting out nexus ones, incredibles, heros, g1s, mytouch3gs/sliders, and etc

and apple's sales should be down in first half of the year for iphones because it should be known that the new iphone is coming out this summer

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yes, the cycle is getting entrenched. Everyone knows the best timing (well, except for Palm):

Apple loses sales each Spring because everyone knows a new model is coming out in the Summer. Then the new iPhone outsells everything until Fall, when a new Blackberry hits and it outsells everything until Winter/Spring, when new Androids come out, which outsell everything until next Summer.

If so, it didn't work. Every Apple forum has quite a few people saying that if the iPhone v4 is the same as the prototype with OS 4.x, then they're jumping ship to Android and perhaps especially to the EVO.

Yep.

15. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

So it took multiple phone models on multiple carriers with buy one get one free deals for Android to squeak past iPhone? And all of this during a quarter when most people are aware that a new iPhone will soon be released? As a long-time Apple shareholder, I’m not too worried, and I doubt Steve Jobs is losing any sleep either.

And OP is a troll. :rolleyes:

16. shadrap macrumors 6502

This is not a surprise and it is also something that the iPhone will not be able to overcome until apple changes it's strategies. Android is on multiple carriers with both low and high end phones, they have also come along way with the os and 2.1 is very good. No it is not as user friendly as iPhone os, but it is close enough for the average consumer to avoid AT&T. This will be the year that android pushes the iPhone to multiple carriers, my bet is it will happen in 2011. Either way the competition is great for us, the consumers.

17. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

no....perhaps 2012 but not '11...the newest iphone will be released exclusivley on AT&T's network and Apple and AT&T will make a boatload of cash...wash, rinse, repeat

18. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Literally every post (seriously, look up his history) this little _____ has made has been:

"blah blah Android is better because :rolleyes:"

"blah blah no multitasking or flash :rolleyes:"

"blah blah if you own an iPhone and not an Android phone then you're an Apple fanboy :rolleyes:"

He's like a scorned lover.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Only if Apple has not marketing skills.

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

He needs to go. He also seems to only know how to use "rolleyes" for a smiley. :) There are other ones, OP. :confused::eek::mad::cool::p;):D:eek::(:):apple:

Big question is why anyone wastes the energy coming to this site, if they're happy with "fill in the blank."

21. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If only I was a mod... I'd probably either ban or temp ban and lock this guys thread. :p This one especially is a joke.

22. tonie macrumors 6502

Why do apple fanboys are so offensive when they see an Android? Get a grip!

23. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Who's being an offensive fanboy? This guy goes around just posting links to reports about Android. In most forum communities, Apple or not, people like him are referred to as Trolls.

24. angevil macrumors regular

I like that there is competition! I hope many people will use Android phones so I can get all iPhones for me! :D Anyway, if everyone uses iPhone, it`s less cool ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.