Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Get over yourself. Google just forked android, and they are not sharing their new secret sauce with any of the other android oems.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
One version of android for google and another version for the rest of the oems.
Isn't google assistant system wide?

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
GMS is a big framework, Assistant wouldn't need to be part of Android to be system wide. We'll see what's what when XDA gets a hold of one

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Lol, the Android Hate in this forum is truly hilarious. Guys who don't even seem remotely interested in buying Androids having invested their time in coming down here to bash it, unbelievable.

One thing I truly have enjoyed with Android is how it has afforded so many on the continent I live on the opportunity to own a computing device. I work as a PPC Account Manager in Digital Marketing, and its been amazing to see how popular the smartphone has become in doing business. Report after report I am telling my global enterprise clients how on this continent 75-90% of their leads are coming from Smartphones.

I find it interesting....actually rather disgusting that some people around here look down on the fact that Android has helped drive down component costs and allowed many to own a smartphone, makes you realise the sort of messed up world we live in. Utterly disgusting.
I think you are taking this far too personally. It's a smartphone operating system at the end of the day, not life and death stuff. I don't hate Android, that is far too strong a word. I used it for the first 4 years of its existence and enjoyed seeing it evolve. I just don't use it for my smartphone interface anymore because I found something I feel is more complete. There are opinions from both sides of the fence here too, not just one. ;)

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I think you are taking this far too personally. It's a smartphone operating system at the end of the day, not life and death stuff. I don't hate Android, that is far too strong a word. I used it for the first 4 years of its existence and enjoyed seeing it evolve. I just don't use it for my smartphone interface anymore because I found something I feel is more complete. There are opinions from both sides of the fence here too, not just one. ;)

But how many threads devolve into pissing contests? As soon as FFR or i7guy show up in thread it's going to go down hill. I don't go into the iPhone section to argue why do they need to come to the alternatives section?

Hanzu Lao

Suspended
Aug 24, 2016
But how many threads devolve into pissing contests? As soon as FFR or i7guy show up in thread it's going to go down hill. I don't go into the iPhone section to argue why do they need to come to the alternatives section?

What's stopping them?

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
My god.....another stupid useless thread.....people, don't you ever get bored ?????

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Lol, the Android Hate in this forum is truly hilarious. Guys who don't even seem remotely interested in buying Androids having invested their time in coming down here to bash it, unbelievable.

One thing I truly have enjoyed with Android is how it has afforded so many on the continent I live on the opportunity to own a computing device. I work as a PPC Account Manager in Digital Marketing, and its been amazing to see how popular the smartphone has become in doing business. Report after report I am telling my global enterprise clients how on this continent 75-90% of their leads are coming from Smartphones.

I find it interesting....actually rather disgusting that some people around here look down on the fact that Android has helped drive down component costs and allowed many to own a smartphone, makes you realise the sort of messed up world we live in. Utterly disgusting.
Same thing as ford vs chevy, Xbox vs PlayStation.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Not at all personal, I just find it weird how people look down on the fact that a large portion of Android is made up of low end devices in developing economies, its like they feel superior because their OS of choice is mainly served on devices that are priced higher. These same people come down here, no interest in buying an Android at all but they feel they have to be here.

I use both Android (smartphone) and iOS (tablet) daily, and I am not on either forums as frequently as these people who come down here to bash but don't even use or plan on getting an Android, what makes them want to come down here if Android doesn't do it for them? Very odd behaviour.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
A number of off topic posts were removed, as it was not discussing the subject matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.