Android users: Will you switch to 6s/6s+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by throwthedice, Sep 10, 2015.

?

Android to Apple. Right time to make the switch to the S iteration?

1. Yes

2. No

3. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. throwthedice macrumors regular

Android users who want to switch to iOs: what do you think of the new Apple 6s/6s+? Do you think this is the right time to make the switch or would you rather wait it out for the 7 to dip your toes/dive into the Apple world?

I kinda feel the need to upgrade my phone (I use a Nexus 4 and I think it is about time I give my phone a bit of rest) and I'm on the fence with the 6s+
    There's no real outstanding feature which would want me to jump on to the Apple bandwagon. I feel the 3D touch, Live Photos stuff are a little gimmicky and the fact that there's a Google event 2-3 weeks away makes me want to wait it out and see how the new Nexus 5 (or whatever Google comes out with) fares against the likes of Moto X Pure and iPhone 6s/6s+

The one thing that I was able to decide after watching the keynote was that this is not the phone for which I will stay up at 3 in the morning on saturday (9/12) to order. :p

EDIT:
    How long until we find out the internal specs of the "S"?

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm getting the 6S +

got a iPad air 2 and macbook pro so wanted to sync then all.

Love my S6 edge but got tired of the software and the lag at certain times.

3. FrozenShivers macrumors member

Planning on going from a 32GB Nexus 5 to a 64GB iPhone 6S, if it turns out it doesn't have 2GB's of RAM then I'll pass.

4. aKansasKid macrumors regular

Ditto on the 2 GB RAM. My Galaxy S4 still works fine. If I switch to iOS, I don't want to get in on the last 1 GB iPhone. I'll wait for specs, and if not 2 GB, I'll wait for the 7.

5. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

mixed feelings... 6sPlus is way too big, and 6s is missing ois :/ i just cant believe they added 3Dtouch rather than ois but they used time to talk about selfies and photos... a phone without ois nowadays with this price tag?

6. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

No, I'm too integrated in Android to change back again.

Besides, I rather like the camera in my S4 Zoom, and that counts for a lot with me :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

7. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I have an HTC One M9 and have been going back and forth all the time. The iPhone 6S is certainly nice and I would like to see how force touch works on the iPhone. I am not impressed by the way it works on the Watch or the Macbook trackpads.
    Having said that, I am very satisfied with my M9 and I love its design, so I will probably not switch back to the iPhone this year. Maybe next year.

8. sparky08 macrumors regular

I'm currently using the Nexus 5 (2013). My next phone will either be the new Nexus 5 or the 6s. Not sure yet.

9. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Yes. I'm switching back to iPhone when I have the chance to buy the 6S.
    Right now, I'm using the OnePlus One. Although it was an awesome phone on release, CM12 made it into a junk of mess. Coupled with Google and OEM's attitudes on security patches and OS updates, I'm done with Android.
    I'm switching back to iOS. Not because I love Apple 100%, it's because Google and the OEMs force me to.

10. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

newest update (cm 12.1) works great.

11. ultravisitor macrumors 6502

ultravisitor

My contract just ended with Verizon, so I'm leaving behind my Moto X 2013 for a 6s Plus. I'm pretty deeply entrenched in Google services, though, so I'm going to continue using those on my iPhone rather than use Apple services (other than iMessage).

I'm ready for a big phone, and the only big phone that's attractive to me is the 6/s Plus. I refuse to touch Samsung or LG garbage.

12. throwthedice thread starter macrumors regular

This is pretty much where I am at right now. Coming from a Nexus, I'm going nowhere near Sammy/LG/Sony/whatever. At this point, the only phone outside of *pure Android-Nexus lines* that I can even begin to consider would be Moto X Pure.

I think I will like the size of 6s+ . I'm gonna wait for the internals of 6s series to be confirmed before I decide on the 6s+. 1GB of RAM is just not worth spending almost $1k.

13. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Very happy with my Project Fi Nexus 6, both the phone and the plan. If Fi ever opens up to iPhone use I may consider the 7.

14. kasakka macrumors 68000

On the fence. Just today I went to an electronics store and fiddled with various phones, including iPhone 6. I currently have a Galaxy S4 and in general I've been fairly happy with it but I'm planning to give it to my gf since her phone broke recently.

On one hand I do feel that iOS is more polished but at the same time like Android's modability, proper filesystem and above all the way scrolling works in most apps. Safari's scrolling is just miserable by comparison and not being able to set default apps is still one of my pet peeves for iOS as it would be a really simple feature to implement (as witnessed in jailbroken iOS since the first versions).

My biggest beef is that nobody except Sony makes smaller than 5" phones nowadays. I am seriously considering the upcoming Z5 Compact alongside the iPhone 6S. I also looked into getting a used iPhone 6 but they are going for a bit too good prices still.

In general Apple's phones are severely overpriced (here in Finland no subsidized phones without paying thru the nose over a 2 year contract) considering how they have as much RAM as my S4, a lower res display on the 6, miserable 16 GB base model etc. Touch ID is the only thing I really miss as I find it very convenient on my iPad Air 2.

Also why the hell does Apple offer the black front on only the gray model? Basically all of the models would look much better with a black front. If I buy the iPhone 6S then I'm going to need to find a nice champagne gold super slim case for it I guess since I want that black front side.

15. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I am not quite the person you were asking. I currently have the 6 plus. I like it but I wanted to size down to the 6s. But the fact that they didn't improve the battery and no OIS I don't know what I am going to do. Going to wait and see what the Nexus 5 holds and I also pre ordered a Moto X Pure for my husband. So see what that is like before making my mind up. But the Moto X is about the same size as my 6 plus so doesn't help me go down in size any.

16. ultravisitor macrumors 6502

ultravisitor

That's what I'm really hoping for. I've had a Project Fi invitation sitting in my inbox since July, but I don't want a Nexus 6.

17. stanw macrumors 6502a

I'm planning to switch from my Note4 to the 6S+. I've had the Note2,3 and 4 and am finally happy with the updates to iOS and the tighter integration with OS X, and I have grown tired of some of the issues I've had with my Samsung phones. It will be nice to be able to use Messages and FaceTime again.

18. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

Make the switch. My wife has the iPhone 6 and I've been using the new galaxy s6 edge plus and the non plus before it. I don't think, but KNOW from real world use that even the iPhone 6 is a great upgrade from any android phone. The 6s is a no brainer.

I'll be getting the 6s plus for myself and passing the androids on to my kids who won't care about apps closing on you randomly, (even more so if you try split window multitasking) or notice the lag in their games. They also won't bother using the widgets that don't load right half the time anyways. They might get pissed when the camera f's up but a quick restart of the phone fixes that, meanwhile dad got the photo with his iPhone so they didn't miss out on the shot anyways.

I could go on, and it's not to say Apple has never had a hiccup here or there, but it's only 1% of the time vs 50% with android.

I have owned a few other older android devices (lg, htc, nexus) and I will say it is a million times better than it was years ago, but compared to apples iOS it's still a mess.

19. pika2000 macrumors 68030

It is better than CM12, but doesn't mean it's great. Sure, I don't get reboots and bugs galore, but I still have lock-screen crashes (forcing a reboot) and app crashes, more often than CM11. Lags are aplenty too. It makes the phone from enjoyable to use to be frustrating. And that is just the first year. With CM having bad relationship with OnePlus, I doubt things will get better.

20. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Doesn't the selfie camera not have OIS anyway?

21. Chicki macrumors regular

I'm on the fence only due to cost. I was 100% going to try my first iPhone... but I really wanted to buy the phone outright from Apple. For me to subsidize the cost with a contract, it will double my monthly bill and give me less than half the data. So I'm torn. I can afford to buy it outright, but I really had my heart set on a 64gb iPhone 6s+ which is more than I wanted to spend (a little over $1300 with taxes here in Canada). Coming from the Note series, I don't think I'd be happy with a 6s. So yeah... really on the fence.

22. TheMacApple macrumors regular

Note 4 here..stock just sucks.
    Been rooting for years and it was a blast at 1st...now it's boring as well as sammy locking the crap outta it...
    Anyway, on the fence, wanna see the reviews for about a month, test drive it at a store, then I'll decide.

23. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Note 4 user here. I'm buying the 6s. I'm planning on going full Apple (from laptop to phone)

24. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

yeah, the front face cam has no ois, but the main cam has no ois either in 6s

25. costi.kocev macrumors newbie

costi.kocev

LG G2 here. I`m definitely going to switch to iPhone 6s. I have no words to say that how horrible is my LG, the whole Android and their updates.