Android?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by poot1234, Aug 18, 2010.

1. poot1234 macrumors member

What's the best way to make my jailbroken iPhone 4 looking like an android device on the home screen and on the lockscreen? I would prefer it to be through free things downloading from cydia. Maybe through winterboard only? I'm kind of a noob to jailbreaking, so the easiest way would be best!

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

3. troyhouse macrumors 6502

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The iPhone is an experience; however, it's nice to have something like that, even if Apple doesn't want us to.

I for one like the Android lock screen. Although I don't use it much because of grease markings can give away your passcode.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This ^^

Make a choice and stick with it. :rolleyes:

6. troyhouse macrumors 6502

more then hardware, ios and apple ecosystem is experience... if you really want android, you should just get android phone to get the full android experience...

even if you manage to install android on iphone, many things wont work and you will start complaining about it.....so why go into all that hassle and just not get android phone...

this is the other reason, why apple does not allow lot of customization, bcoz its hard to please everyone....

7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

The OP hasn't said they want to install Android on his phone.....just make the lockscreen and homescreen look like Android.

OP check out AndroidLock for the lockscreen password functionality. As for the rest I'm not sure, someone else can help.

8. troyhouse macrumors 6502

And I was not replying to op but to jay

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

+1

Make up your mind already.

The only thing that's worse is those knuckleheads that always want to buy the housing from a newer model iphone and stick the internals from their older model iphone into it.

10. singhy44 macrumors member

Well he probably doesn't want an Android phone, but as with everything, Android has advantages and disadvantages. If he wants, for example, the Android lockscreen, because he prefers it, it doesn't mean he wants an Android phone, so don't give him such a hard time.
    Talking of Android, I've seen screenshots where the status bar is an Android one, with the battery icon and signal indicators, where can I find this?

11. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This. What's with the aggressive attitude here to the OP. I prefer the Android notification system so I bought Notified Pro. Doesn't mean I want an Android. Should I wander into the many iPhone theme threads and tell them to buy an Android or Windows mobile phone because that's what a lot of the themes look like? The OP wants to THEME their phone and you're telling them to buy another phone instead? :rolleyes: