Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As to be fair I wanted to give her benefit of the doubt. That said I do like how she has re-vamped the apple store with sessions and even the on-line support as been vastly improved also with email and often call back follow-up.

BUT I still feel that some flagship or the 2 main stores in a large city still should have a genius bar. having everyone herded to gather while a training class was underway was not good for all.
#GENIUSBAR #BRINGBACK

I’m curious what does the Genius Bar do anymore than:

Small OS and firmware tweaks and troubleshooting under warranty that cannot be done with remote access (unless it the Mac doesn’t boot successfully normally any longer or failed hardware)?

Most warranty claims are sent to factory now, while you wait without a make for days or weeks.

Devices are swapped out unless a screen can be fixed it as very common lately.

Consulting advice for third party software lol not likely. Apples products tend to last very well over time and Apple tends to be VERY slow to recognize warranty based issues; we all know this.

So what value does the Genius Bar bring if the “Geniuses” are not really able to perform as such any more?! There has been numerous threads in the lacking value of Genius Bar for a few years now.

Reactions: ssgbryan

infiniteentropy

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Buddy. The Apple stores have been in chaise for the last decade already long before she arrived and they were NOT getting any better! Weak arguments
This is entirely my experience, but it used to be that at least each section of the store had experts on that section standing at or near the area and could be consulted with easily. Checking out was quick and painless and it seemed like many people could do it.

Now, you go in, talk to someone near the entrance real quick about what you need, get assigned to a queue, and wait, and wait... and wait......... and..... wait.............................

God forbid you don't get assigned to a queue and walk in without talking to the person near the door, you'll have an even worse experience.

All the while, the store is full of people gathered near a large screen for a class, around tables listening to someone doing something, people's kids running about, and it's just generally a terrible experience. It is objectively worse now than when she started. As for me, I'm done with Apple anyhow but I found myself avoiding them more and more even before I exited.

Edited to add: the added chaos from people also waiting around, those people's friends and families, etc... it's just a chaotic mess, WAY worse than when you could pop in, get a question answered, buy a product, and leave. If it went deeper than that, you got a Genius Bar appointment. That older way was much MUCH better.

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Wow a LOT of hate for an independent and successful woman that left a large corporation. Man you guys must be loved great by the women in your families. Maybe not and hence the reason for this hate without substantiating it.
I didn’t care for her either. Please stop white knighting for us. Tia. Has nothing to do with her being a woman. The apple stores were/are a mess

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Buddy. The Apple stores have been in chaise for the last decade already long before she arrived and they were NOT getting any better! Weak arguments

Thank you!

Honestly I love MacRumors, but some of you posters make me hate reading comments. You guys think the stores weren’t crowded before Angela? You don’t think Apple made any mistakes before Tim?

Some of y’all have a serious problem with how warped your reality is. The stores are still profitable and people still have great experiences there. Your 1 experience at 1 store doesn’t hold weight over the other millions of customers at 500+ other stores.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Wow a LOT of hate for an independent and successful woman that left a large corporation. Man you guys must be loved great by the women in your families. Maybe not and hence the reason for this hate without substantiating it.

Or maybe this has nothing to do with her gender and everything to do with the fact that she was awful. Just a thought.

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo

My comment was based on something I or anyone else would do - this has nothing to do with females, women, or sexism. Lighten up.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
The comments are funny and sad. So much brainless meanness. Personally, I've never had a bad experience in an Apple Store. Great place to go to shop, get help, learn etc. Ms. Ahrendts is an incredibly talented and successful business person. The ones insulting her, couldn't begin to know her success. Seriously, grow up.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011

Yes! And I think it’s because some here feel threatened by successful women, and angry success has been elusive for them.

Putting her down gives them a wee bit of power that’s otherwise lacking in their lives.

NickName99

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2018
Changes under Ahrendts turned the stores into chaotic free-for-alls.

I really don't care about anything that defines her personally. The AppleStore changes made it far less pleasant of a consumer experience. Simple as that.

So basically the Apple stores have become so successful, so popular that they’re always crowded. Man, what terrible leadership

Jonathan2019

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2019
Now I know why I was treated the way I was at the Apple Store. Before this lady I enjoyed going to my Apple Store. Now I'll never go back. I think their new moto should be taking the customer out of customer service. I thought the customers were always right? If they can't do something just tell the customer in a kind and friendly way. Yet all I got were bold face lies, excuses, and treated as if I was a child.

Defthand

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
...the service/sales being together makes the Apple store difficult to visit. Too chaotic and should be separated.

I agree. I also would wager that the Genius center would have the most traffic, especially if they moved the iPhone cases there.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008

*yawn*

a person's worth in a company is usually measured by how well they perform and benefit the company, not by whether they're an independent successful woman. she most definitely did not perform well at apple.

criticasm

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2017

Independent my a$$. She didn't do anything except be the world's highest paid caretaker.

She was handed the reigns of an already built retail chain of stores around the world & just "played house" giving em makeovers. They deliberately overpaid her the same salary as Tim Cook plus more than any in stock bonuses just to make it look "balanced" as she was the only female executive. No surprise she left after being given a platinum parachute.
[doublepost=1557170619][/doublepost]Her tenure at Apple is like George Costanza with the Penske file in Seinfeld. Remember he's at a new job, gets given a manilla folder packed with papers & he just transfers them into another kind of folder. Then the Penske guy is impressed by this makeover of his file even though George didn't actually do anything beneficial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.