MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple in April began adding classic games to its Apple Arcade catalog, and today, Apple announced three new games that are coming in the near future: Angry Birds Reloaded, Doodle God Universe, and Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City.

angry-birds-reloaded.jpg

Apple announced the new games on Twitter today, and those interested in playing them when they launch on Apple Arcade can sign up to be notified. The three games will be available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.

Angry Birds Reloaded builds on the original Angry Birds game, introducing new characters from the Angry Birds movie universe, a new game mode, new power ups, and all new levels.

Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City is an endless runner set in the desert, where the goal is to sail across dunes, canyons, and temples to unearth the secrets of the Lost City. The game offers simple tap controls that are easy to learn but tough to master, and players are tasked with building up combos and meeting goals.

In Doodle God Universe, players start out on an empty planet with four elements, and the goal is to combine these different elements to create hundreds of new elements to make the planet thrive and grow.

There's no word yet on exactly when these new games are launching, but as with all Apple Arcade titles, they will be available to Apple Arcade subscribers with no additional in-app purchases or fees. Apple Arcade is priced at $4.99 per month.

Other classic games that are now available on Apple Arcade include Fruit Ninja, Monument Valley, Threes, Mini Metro, The Oregon Trail, Cut the Rope, and more.

Article Link: Angry Birds Reloaded, Doodle God Universe and Alto's Odyssey: The Lost City Coming to Apple Arcade

nwcs

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Since I’m in the top 0.5% of Spire Blast I can get some idea of at least numbers of subscribers since it’s somewhat popular. Around 480K have tried it and it looks like 180K are regular users. So that implies it’s reasonably popular and growing as the numbers have gone up since I started playing by about 10% in a month or two.

Reactions: kostthem

Marbles1

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
A games tab and an arcade tab in the Apps app doesn’t seem very Apple.

and the usual comment I’ll make: imagine if Apple bought a studio / invested in their own studio like they have with Apple TV+, and released exclusive, high budget triple A games…?

velocityg4

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Angry Birds was entertaining for a while. Then it just seemed to go on endlessly. I prefer a game to be beatable within a reasonable amount of time.

Unless it's Skyrim. That game could go on forever. Once heavily modded. It's surreal at first how realistic some characters behave. I don't think anything other game I've played comes close to how intricate that game is loaded out with mods.

Reactions: Premium1

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
imagine if Apple bought a studio / invested in their own studio like they have with Apple TV+, and released exclusive, high budget triple A games…?

Maybe they have, maybe even in a way that that studio doesn't even know it is owned by Apple.

AAA games take years to develop and Apple does not (yet?) have a foot in with the target audience for them.

headlessmike

macrumors member
May 16, 2017
I was a big Angry Birds nerd when it was hot, so I will absolutely be playing this one.
Me too! For some reason I found myself thinking about Angry Birds the other day and I was considering giving the game another go.

azentropy

macrumors 68030
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I've been watching my friends daughter lately (she is 6) and was letting her play with my nieces old iPad mini 2. I couldn't believe how horrible the games now are with the constant ads, trying to get you to subscribe to WAY overpriced subscriptions etc. So I thought I'd try Apple Arcade since I had a 3 month demo it kept nagging me about. After I opted in I realized it wouldn't even work on the iPad mini 2 as it was too old. I did the decide to let her use an old iPad Air 2 but even so have been disappointed with the choices. Angry Birds may help a little! :)

Spock

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I’ll be happy to enjoy Angry Birds again, I paid $4.99 for it way back in the day and then it went free with ads and I stopped playing after that. I didn’t like that I paid for it and still had to endure the annoying ads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.