Angry Birds Space is out!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Northwestern, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Northwestern macrumors regular

2. Brunchies macrumors newbie

Sorry but I think the desktop angry birds are insanely overpriced. Why cant it be the base price of 1 dollar on all platforms, kindle Fire is guilty of this too.

3. malman89 macrumors 68000

First thought was "what is this doing in the Mac and PC Games section?", but then saw they released a desktop version of the game. Thanks, but no thanks, Rovio.

4. marlonvps macrumors newbie

I haven't played it much and I honestly got bored with the first one. The game is addictive at first, then gets old. I thought they needed to completely redo how the game works and they did. It looks great at first blush.

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I loved the original Angry Birds and Rio; played them to death. Space seemed to lose it for me, I am finding that most of the levels are about figuring out the absolute perfect angle to make the shot at. Just lost some of the "fun".

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

These are on my wife's IOS devices. I've played them casually. It gets tedious. :)

What I've not understood is how they can sell an IOS version for $.99 and a computer version for $10. Plants vs Zombies, a much more enjoyable game is $2.99 for IOS, but $20 for desktop?

7. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Downloads != copies sold. Many people download multiple copies because they have multiple iOS devices. I let my iOS devices automatically sync and thus they automatically download. If I buy an app on my iPhone, it shows up on my iPad, and my wife's iPhone via downloads. Thus for every app I buy I download it at LEAST 3 times.