Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Another 3G iPhone Commercial... in Hawaii?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Tim Ryan's Reel Hawaii blog reports that AT&T will be filming two commercials next week on Oahu.
The ad agency is New York-based BBDO which has did some Apple IPOD commercials. Speculation is that the Hawaii commercials are about Apple’s new IPhone 2 which will be released early next month. About 30 of the 40 production crew are locals…
Apple recently shot a commercial at the 5th Avenue Apple Store, as well as in L.A. the previous week. Both filmings were thought to be related to the 3G capable iPhone expected to be released next week.

DavidJr.com posted a video which shows one of the actors at the 5th Avenue shoot:

Image from DavidJr.com

Article Link

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

what does that photo show I cant see anyone touching their ear? No iPhone in the photo

Comment

naroola

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Chicago, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Well we should know on June 9th.

Comment

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I think the short clip of the Good Humor guy gave more info than the blurry picture of a supposed actor being fitted with an earpiece.

Comment

Joedurrtay

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2008
I can't wait to see these commercials, looks like apple is trying actracting more corporate people with these commercials

Comment

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
I'll be they are filming in hawaii and ny to show the video conferencing! Like- mac guy is in hawaii and pc guy is in ny

Comment

Joedurrtay

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2008
I'll be they are filming in hawaii and ny to show the video conferencing! Like- mac guy is in hawaii and pc guy is in ny

I hope so.....video conferencing would be awsome!!! does anyone else think that apple might put iChat in the phone so u can video conference with someone that has a computer

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007

Cool idea that would be...

but why would they actually film it in the two different places?

Wouldn't they just use CGI to fake it? It'd be cheaper than paying for all the gas... and having two production crews and all that I would think. (I don't really know that seeing as I've never made a commercial but...)

If they really wanted to show a conference live, wouldn't they have to be filming both of them simultaneously?

Comment

jkr801

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
'New York-based BBDO which has did some Apple IPOD commercials."

Has done??? come on proof read macrumors.....

Comment

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
'New York-based BBDO which has did some Apple IPOD commercials."

Has done??? come on proof read macrumors.....

It's a quote isn't it, you don't fix quotes.

That site that hosted the video was gastly, but it did appear he had a hands free in his ear or something along those lines.

Whatever it is I hope we see the finished version of it at some point and they don't just decide it's not worth it at the end of the day.

Comment

kcroy

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Ohio
I hope so.....video conferencing would be awsome!!! does anyone else think that apple might put iChat in the phone so u can video conference with someone that has a computer

Yep. That's my bet too. What would be the point of different locations if it's not video conferencing. (Especially Hawaii.):D

Comment

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002

BBDO? umm...no. Chiat Day LA does ALL the Apple ad work. ESPECIALLY new products.

If BBDO is doing the work, then the commercials are for AT&T, not Apple directly.

Comment

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I downloaded DavidJr's HD QT movie and checked it out closely and I came to the conclusion that the Man standing inside the box was doing just that. He was a stand-in. Stand-ins are used to let the lights,camera and sound people adjust their respective equipment. And they almost always look very similar to the actor. So in this case the guys tall and moderately built wearing dark spy-type glasses.

I'm starting to get the gist of this commercial. To really show off GPS it's going to go all around the world from above zooming in on each location. From iPhone to iPhone.

Comment

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Somebody who lives on Oahu should go and spy for us, all the while giving us minute by minute updates!

If its real....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.