Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
I've said it before with the iPhone "screen issues" between 5 series vs 7 series, but you'll see what you want to see. If you want to see a problem, you'll see a problem.

I'll provide this link once again for an example of a previous instance where there was something so obvious that no one noticed, but as soon as someone pointed it out...everyone freaked out about it!

Seattle Windshield Pitting Epidemic

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
in my opinion, it looks very much like scratch resistant ceramic...i have seen ceraic like this and they are quite tough and very scratch resistant so its may be a way for apple to make both the front and back of the iphone/touch scratch resistant to keep those hideous(most of them) cases off.:rolleyes:

coryetzkorn

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
That mockup is sexy. If Johny Ive does something like that I'm gonna be so happy.

The Maestro mockup of course.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
That looks siiiiiiiiiiiiick! I claim that it is real! If they're going to be announcing them soon, maybe they got a head start on production and someone stole one of the production parts and took a photo of it. It's quite possible. I knew a guy who used to get CDs before they came out because the CD had to be pressed first and he worked at a place where they made them.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Which would you rather have? That black plastic thing or:
The maestro of mockups Isamu Sanada's vision of iPhone 2?

Please oh please let the new iPhone look like this. It could be some kind of ceramic on the back part and therefore you have no signal issues. I love it. I don't care how crappy it is to hold as a phone. This is the one.

bitslap47

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2007
My prediction is:

It will look the exact same, just different internals. If it looks any different at all it will be only that it is slightly thinner.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
It is the same id as the current phone, but with a place holder (x) in the last few positions. Same for model number.

8GB is 1203, I assume the 16 is 1204, so the 3g models could be 05 and 06 respectively.

Doh, can't be true. My current 16GB iPhone is Model No.: A1203

marcg007

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Boston area
occasional rants are good for the soul...

The person used the phrase "to call BS" perfectly. You, on the other hand, produced a small pile of BS yourself with this ill-advised rant.

"Call BS", "call it quits", "call it a day", "call shotgun", and heaps of other similar expressions are perfectly grammatical, understandable, and stylistically uncontroversial. You, on the other hand, made at least four laughable errors in five sentences. E.g., "the only reason for poor use of English ... is if it is not your first language." Really? That's the only *reason* for it?

The irony is hilarious.

P.S. Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread, but buffoonery can use an occasional intervention.

As it happens, English is not my first language. Perhaps what I should have said was one of the only reasons for poor use of the language. Kindly fill me in on what was incorrect with the words you put in quotes and then we can get back to the topic at hand. Thanks. :D

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
znaqmv.jpg

The shell is not high quality, as people have been saying. (as i think anyway)

1. I use to do Product Design and the bump/bubble you see under 1 is what happens when a plastic is heated into shape but is overheated or heated for too long.(F**ked up mu project by doing that)

2. Number 2 shows some imperfection in the color, almost looks like its been painted with a brush...

Or, now wait for it lol:

1. Is a spec of dust

2. Is someone's greasy fingers

The plot thins up a good chunk.

BrassJam

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2008
8GB what?

What people are overlooking with all of these black / white curved back plates are that they all sport the 8GB label - does anybody actually think Apple are going to launch this spanking new device after all this pandemonium and hype and then say... "oh yeah and its still only got 8GB of storage to store all of your songs, videos, photos, documents, apps, mailboxes etc etc".

Get real - the 8GB is dead!

Attachments

• back soon.jpg
    back soon.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,112

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
What people are overlooking with all of these black / white curved back plates are that they all sport the 8GB label - does anybody actually think Apple are going to launch this spanking new device after all this pandemonium and hype and then say... "oh yeah and its still only got 8GB of storage to store all of your songs, videos, photos, documents, apps, mailboxes etc etc".

Get real - the 8GB is dead!

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple offers the new iPhone in three different sizes (8GB, 16GB and 32GB), although I do agree that if they keep it simple and have only 2 variations, they would be 16 and 32GB. The benefit of an 8GB model would that it could still be cheaper.

-Zadillo

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple offers the new iPhone in three different sizes (8GB, 16GB and 32GB), although I do agree that if they keep it simple and have only 2 variations, they would be 16 and 32GB. The benefit of an 8GB model would that it could still be cheaper.

-Zadillo

I've actually never filled up my 8GB. I have an 80GB iPod that I put everything on. The iPhone only gets the best of the best.

But if we can start saving documents, maybe throw in stored maps for GPS, I think I might want a 16 or 32.

I'm stoked to think about the possibility of satellite imagery and topographic maps with GPS on this device. If you could store them so you wouldn't need cell towers, hiking and exploring with that would be incredible.

"Where are we?"
"Let's see...we're in this valley. Oooh, we don't want to go up that ridge. There are cliffs on the other side. We would just have to come back down the same way. Let's just follow this creek around it."

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
I agree with those saying why would you only put one photo up. And one of the back at that.

Remember all of the leaked products in the past? The 5G iPod? The stubby nanos? They were all front pictures so there could be no mistake.

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
I agree with those saying why would you only put one photo up. And one of the back at that.

Remember all of the leaked products in the past? The 5G iPod? The stubby nanos? They were all front pictures so there could be no mistake.

Unless it's just a shell...which it looks like from the camera hole.

If it's only the back shell, then why would we need to see the other side? It would just be the inside of the shell.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Unless it's just a shell...which it looks like from the camera hole.

If it's only the back shell, then why would we need to see the other side? It would just be the inside of the shell.

good point. clearly im not thinking straight

johnnyt

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2008
What's wrong with having the same thing as someone else. I know you want to be an individual and super elite, better than everyone else and a unique little snowflake but get this you aren't. If you want to buy any apple products you aren't in the least bit unique or special. besides you being a capitalist pig why would apple want to make phones only the elite minority could afford that would calculate out to provide less sales which no company wants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

I'm sure Steve and Apple aren't capitalists, I mean they aren't interested in making money, right? I'm sure they sell all their products at cost, after all, Steve only got that $1 paycheck right?

rhyndu

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2007
A Planet Orbiting Sol!
Finally something good quality....

That hole though for the camera looks like a hole... funnily enough. My suspicions are that this is a casing.

Edit: Having zoomed in on the photo, we can deduct that the man who took the photo lives in somewhat of a modern house... with perhaps a bar in the reflection...? We can clearly see his type of digital camera... surely the company has a list of all owners of that camera...? And the man looks to have a bald head, perhaps wearing glasses (zoom really up close - look behind the back of the camera, top right of the 8GB sign.

With these details we must be able to track him down...? Somehow...?

It is Steve Jobs!!!!1111!!1!1

Of course 1111!11

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
Looks pretty nice... now they just need to make a matte version.

It is Steve Jobs!!!!1111!!1!1

Of course 1111!11
If it was Steve Jobs, he wouldn't have used a digital camera, he would have used another iPhone ;)

appleaddict78

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
Disappointing

I find it hard to believe this would be apples new 3g generation of the iphone. It looks too much like the old one and would hardly exceed critics expectations. I suspect the iphones will evolve similar to the ipod in terms of increased memory, lighter weight and perhaps thinner. :D

Spike Lightfoot

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Some observations:

#1 There are two people in this photo, the one taking the photo and another person, perhaps on the other side of the table. You can see the second person’s reflection on the top of the phone near the camera hole. This person has no camera and the radius of the phone’s edges distorts their face.

#2 The person with the camera is not bald, the two skin colored lumps on the reflection are only the photo takers index fingers. If you look between their thumb and index finger next to the camera you will see their hair line on the right side of their face.

Who are these people??? Photographer: Collared shirt, no tie, short hair. Eyes and upper face obscured by camera. Friend: possibly Asian, smiling.

Attachments

• 124035-natbyte.jpg
    124035-natbyte.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 634
  • natbyte.jpg
    natbyte.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 629

rhyndu

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2007
A Planet Orbiting Sol!
Looks pretty nice... now they just need to make a matte version.

If it was Steve Jobs, he wouldn't have used a digital camera, he would have used another iPhone ;)

Ahhh.... but of course you would think that which is why Steve Jobs used a different camera!!1111!11 To fool you!!!!!!

See, he really is the worlds smartest most visionist!!!!111!!
Do note that all statements above were SARCASTIC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.