Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
What are you talking about? The Touch and iPhone have always had WiFi. You can also download from the iTunes store via WiFi. You can also do other things you'd expect with WiFi like browse the internet. Also, in relation to the iPhone 3G, I have no issues with reception or 3G speed.

There are also free 3rd party software titles available to stream your iTunes library to your iPhone 3G and plans for this feature to be included in future releases. Read the whole article you posted above WindowsGuy. It allows Zune like sharing but also no need to transfer your files to your pmp. You can access them via streaming over the net. It's called innovation when you improve on what already exists.

I also have no idea what he is talking about...if there is one media player able to do Wi-Fi in all its senses, it IS the iPod...and no, I am not referring to the stupid idea of squirting songs to random strangers in Central Park...

As for the "woman" suing Apple, it's just another frivolous lawsuit if you mean that of not-so-fast download speeds with 3G...several studies have already proven that it has NOTHING to do with the iPhone...instead, occasional slowness strikes all 3G devices in the network.

o0samotech0o

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Cons of Touch compared to Nano:

— To large for jogging
— Can't be controlled without looking at it

The Touch has plenty of pros compared to the Nano, but one device does not fit all.
If I had a device for jogging it would NOT be a nano, because it is packed with too much stuff and is still too bulky compared to what is available - Shuffle.

The shuffle is the perfect jogging device. Light and simple, no video.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Can I throw up now?
Why would they be backtracking???
It looks just like the 2G Nano.
And in the picture of the screen, the main menu didn't look any different, in fact if looked really crammed.
I never liked the 3G design and never will.

Don't you mean his left pocket?

Actually... depends on the keynote you're talking about.
When the G1 Nano was introduced he pulled it out of the little pocket inside of his right pocket. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRv-kv5XEg

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
Solipsism is spot on about how it feels in the hand.

Iparis is also right I think. I said in an earlier post basically the same thing. No, they won't backtrack. If they go back to that design it will be to introduce some compelling features. (assuming this thing even exists)

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada
I swear, you people. This happens every time. "OMG IT'S SO UGLY WHY WOULD APPLE PUT OUT SUCH AN UGLY POS?!?!?!?!"

Two weeks later, you bought it and make a thread stating how much you love it, blatently ignoring your earlier posts.

Pssh, whatever. Have fun with your flaming/praising.

Others have echoed the same sentiment regarding a plethora of Apple products and it's get truer each and every time. ;)

haha You Applefans.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
We can expect 4gb, 8gb and 16gb capacity with new lower price points of US$129, $159 and $199.

Besides widescreen video, I think we can expect another feature that will make the nano an even more useful - wifi, for the iTunes wifi music store and possibly some other things.

Also, new colour patterns that feature smooth gradients from cool colours to warm colours like a rainbow when you put the whole nano range side by side.

The curved body on the top and bottom will make the device very nice to hold, a lot easier to use than the current nano.

solipsism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
If I had a device for jogging it would NOT be a nano, because it is packed with too much stuff and is still too bulky compared to what is available - Shuffle.

Me too, i use the Shuffle without 30 energy inducing song for running/gym/kegelcising and an iPhone for the rest. But we are not everyone. i know people that would never get a Shuffle because it has no screen and so few features, plus it can't used as a portable flash drive.

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007

I agree with you. I have a Touch and a Shuffle. My wife has a 3G Nano and a Shuffle. We both prefer to use the shuffle for the gym. It's the perfect gym iPod, clips on to my shirt without extra wrapping, it's light, tactile control means you can operate it without breaking stride to look at it.

I don't even use the full gig of space on it; I have about 500 megs of perfect (for me) gym music and I still never get through it all in 4 or 5 days/week at the gym. I alter the mix every week or two.

On the touch of I have about 9 gigs from my 30-gig library. I really should delete some of that stuff I never listen to.

... plus it can't used as a portable flash drive.

I think you are mistaken. But I don't feel like digging it out of my gym bag right now to check. It's not a feature I need at the gym.

WindowsGuy

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
I also have no idea what he is talking about...if there is one media player able to do Wi-Fi in all its senses, it IS the iPod...and no, I am not referring to the stupid idea of squirting songs to random strangers in Central Park...

As for the "woman" suing Apple, it's just another frivolous lawsuit if you mean that of not-so-fast download speeds with 3G...several studies have already proven that it has NOTHING to do with the iPhone...instead, occasional slowness strikes all 3G devices in the network.

Steve made a statement in his developer speach prior to the release of the 3G iPhone that we would have full access to the iTunes store via WiFi and synching with iTunes.

Neither of which shipped and as I said. Oversold and Underdelivered.
Typical of Apple these days.

MobileVista comes to mind.
iPhone 2.0, 2.01 & 2.02 Software
TimeMachine
True Push email

to name a few.

Steve doen't need to fix these. He's got drones that will buy the next item he puts out to keep you occupied while he takes his time fixing (eventually) the problem.

Yet he has still never made a press release himself to acknowldedge any of the above statement.

If the law suit against Apple was a gold digger looking for money it would not have been given Class Action approval.

Now drink your Kool-Aid and buy the Zune (I mean 4G iZune) when it ships like a good boy. Steve will be proud of you.

WindowsGuy

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
We can expect 4gb, 8gb and 16gb capacity with new lower price points of US$129, $159 and $199.

Besides widescreen video, I think we can expect another feature that will make the nano an even more useful - wifi, for the iTunes wifi music store and possibly some other things.

Also, new colour patterns that feature smooth gradients from cool colours to warm colours like a rainbow when you put the whole nano range side by side.

The curved body on the top and bottom will make the device very nice to hold, a lot easier to use than the current nano.

Wouldn't this be the iPod Touch?

Orng

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
Steve made a statement in his developer speach prior to the release of the 3G iPhone that we would have full access to the iTunes store via WiFi and synching with iTunes.

I have full access to the iTunes music store via wifi on my ipod. You must be doing it wrong.

I can't address time machine, I haven't upgraded from Tiger yet. I also haven't had any issues with my 2.0.x firmware, or MobileMe for that matter. Oh, and Apple has issued several mea culpas and service extensions to MobileMe subscribers, which is good enough for me, I don't need a press release from Jobs himself. I had no issues but I got a 90-day extension anyway.

As for synching with iTunes, I don't recall him saying that specifically, but I also don't need the feature, so I don't care especially. That being said, most of what he was talking about before the wwdc was looking ahead to future features, which is what I would expect at a developers conference. It was more like a roadmap, it wasn't a product launch. You must be one of those people who gets upset when Beta software has bugs.

If you're uptight about announced future features not appearing yet, you need to get on Microsoft's case for not delivering multitouch on Windows 7 yet. They've announced plans for it, so where is it?

vladyslav

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2008
I wouldn't judge the shape of the new iPod by the shape of this case. The thing is made of SOFT material so it'll stretch when one put an iPod in.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland

Neither of which shipped and as I said. Oversold and Underdelivered.
Typical of Apple these days.

MobileVista comes to mind.
iPhone 2.0, 2.01 & 2.02 Software
TimeMachine
True Push email

to name a few.

Steve doen't need to fix these. He's got drones that will buy the next item he puts out to keep you occupied while he takes his time fixing (eventually) the problem.

Yet he has still never made a press release himself to acknowldedge any of the above statement.

If the law suit against Apple was a gold digger looking for money it would not have been given Class Action approval.

Now drink your Kool-Aid and buy the Zune (I mean 4G iZune) when it ships like a good boy. Steve will be proud of you.

So let me see:

1 - what is that iTMS access via Starbucks called?

2 - MobileMe had a rough start, it was fixed and now it works pretty much 100%. Not to mention that almost-real time push is gonna be ready in a few weeks.

3 - iPhone has the best OS in the planet, and its updates are close to perfect in all senses for millions of users...so please don't compare it with Crappindows Mobile or VaporAndroid;

4 - TM works perfectly for me, and I use it with the "unsupported" USB disk via AE also perfectly well;

5 - Zune is the 2nd Gen Nano revisited...please see posts above, or your favorite Winblows online store for one...oh, is there one?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

I forgot to mention earlier that this is like the 2392321th post thread about this kinda stuff.
I think that starting very soon we should only be allowed to post on threads about this made by the bots.
And if we don't do that then the thread gets locked.
Then if you do it again you get a time out.

That seems fair, right?

RoDe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2006
Maybe this is all a trick from steve. And he is now laughing his balls of :D.

An if not he is now planning an assassination ;)

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Are people forgetting here that Apple had already implemented touch sensitive button on the Original 3G iPod with the red backlit buttons.

The reason it did not work too well was because it was too slow to react to the users touch and it was a battery hog.

Apple is not going to use touch sensitive similar to the iPhone and Touch since the screen is too small to be productive and would be frustrating to use since your thumb or finger would cover the entire screen when wanting to make selections. It is also a battery hog, something the Nano can do without.

The design fundaments of the Nano and Shuffle are to its minimal and if I dare say perfected to the point that making anymore physical changes would be nonsensical and not worth the R&D associated with it. The only other option is to break the Nano and have a device as small as the Shuffle with a click-wheel and a attachable/detachable screen. This way the user can decide if they want a screen or not or if they want to upgrade only one of the two.

This might be the last fused design the Nano might have because the next stop is a slip option since it has more flexible options. i.e. attaching the lcd to your eye wear or left or right wrist and the click-wheel controls on the other wrist, connected via a wire since it would be battery friendly, which also leaves the option for the user to only power the lcd when need be. TM :D

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Maybe this is all a trick from steve. And he is now laughing his balls of :D.

An if not he is now planning an assassination ;)

Steve's baby is the iPhone, he does not care if the Nano or Shuffle case design is leaked. :p;):D

There is hardly any profit left in the Shuffle and Nano, its only a means for the budget consumer to enter iTMS and a means to keep the store alive. Nothing more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.