Another question about 16gb v 32gb, with specific ask

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flyersgl, Jun 24, 2011.

1. flyersgl macrumors member

I am getting an iPhone on Monday, trading in my fully paid for corporate BB for a new plan where I get an allowance for phone purchase plus ongoing monthly support for use.

I think a 16gb iPhone works, given that: (1) my music is on my iPod classic, which I usually have with me; my current BB has my favorite 50 albums (yes, I am over 40..) which I expect to throw on the iPhone as well for when I don't have my classic; (2) I have a 32 gb iPad with me most of the time that has lots of photos to share; and (3) I don't have a lot of apps.

I view my iPhone has being the great single go to device for my favorite music ( which the BB does), a small set of photos I always want on me, and for taking a few photos and vids that I would generally upload to my computer and delete from the phone once uploaded.

Guess my question is, is there anything I haven't considered in need for storage?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It looks like you are leaning with 16GB. You'll be fine with either. Personally I'd just go 32GB but I don't have a Classic or iPad.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Better to have more than enough space than not enough. If the extra cost of the 32 isn't bothersome, go ahead and get it.

4. pyro008 macrumors 6502

You might find it nice to be able to ditch the classic if you could fit all your music+apps+photos in a 32. However, if you can't, 16 is definitely the way to go.

5. ESPN macrumors regular

"You will always run out of space"

its human nature to fill up devices , containers , buildings.

It doesn't matter how much space you have, it will fill up sooner or later.

More space can just delay it for a few weeks to many years.

I would go with 32GB if i were you if cost isn't much of a problem.

6. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

If you can afford it go 32GB. Just because its so much nicer carrying one device. If your worried about battery life grab a Mophie Juicepack case or another similar external battery rig. Trust me I don't miss my old iPod lol.

7. flyersgl thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I may be irrationally loyal to my Classic given that it was a recent gift after my prior 5th gen died. I can't get all of my music on a 32gb iPhone, but could certainly get more of it on there. I will probably go 32gb.