Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Example: I had a post of mine deleted in a thread about condoms and the french, (which iBlue also posted in btw), and while smutty, it was no more smutty than many of the other posts.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't iBlue who deleted my post as her posts were just as smutty as everyone else's in that thread. So who to contact about it?

If you PM me with a link to the thread, I'll look into it for you. I'm around a lot at the moment and can probably deal with this quite quickly.

FWIW, RedTomato, I'm pretty sure iBlue isn't a mod.

All mods are listed in the View Forum Leaders link at the bottom of the main forum page.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Darn, doesn't look like this is a good time to ask any of the mods to pick up my laundry when they pass by. :eek:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I hadn't expected this kind of reply. Firstly, I think when rude/short PMs are sent, moderators cannot take them personally and should respond to them, in the event some reason was not given in the thread when it was wastelanded. Just common courtesy. Someohow, it does not seem right for a moderator to simply ignore a PM, which then often leads to the OP starting a topic in Site Feedback. :rolleyes:
Why should it be "common courtesy" for a mod to reply to a rude PM from anyone? Mods are people too, and they're not paid a penny to deal with forum problems, let alone respond to s*** from random internet loonies picking a faceless fight.

You get what you give, if you send rude rambling bollocks, you have no right to expect anything back.

yeeesh, people...:rolleyes:

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Why should it be "common courtesy" for a mod to reply to a rude PM from anyone? Mods are people too, and they're not paid a penny to deal with forum problems, let alone respond to s*** from random internet loonies picking a faceless fight.

e goes there because we can't. :D

Gracias. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.