OS X Antharion - Mac and iPad Indie RPG

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ajrs84, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ajrs84 macrumors newbie

2. 50548 Guest

Looks good, but I never understand this kickstarter crap - is it available for download right now or not?

3. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Did you all the people who recently lost all their money they put into a kickstarter game. The game was going to be called Haunt, then it all went wrong and they went bust.

I vowed earliar this year I will NEVER EVER put anything into Kickstarter stuff.

----------

Did you all the people who recently lost all their money they put into a kickstarter game. The game was going to be called Haunt, then it all went wrong and they went bust.

I vowed earliar this year I will NEVER EVER put anything into Kickstarter stuff.

Why, because I put some into a game that was going to be released onto the App store and elsewhere, it has never happened, only version there is is a playable beta online.

Once your fingers have been burnt you wont fall for it again.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

5. Renzatic, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Kickstarter is venture capitalism brought to the masses, and is responsible for a lot of good games being made that otherwise would never have been. The new Shadowrun, that adventure game being made by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schaffer, the new game from Obsidian, the new Tex Murphy game...the list goes on.

Basically, if you want to see an awesome game get made, you support it and the dev team with your money. Sometimes you get what you paid for, sometimes you don't. The best thing to do is research the team behind the game and see if they have a good track record of releasing things in a semi-timely manner. If they do, then go for it. If they don't, then your money is best spent elsewhere. Just because you lost some money on one donation isn't Kickstarters fault.

Course it doesn't make it suck any less, either. But...eh. Nature of the game. Sorry, man. : \

6. 50548 Guest

I do NOT want to support it, I just want to play it - is it available now or not?

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

If it's on Kickstarter, chances are pretty good it's not available.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What a jolly person you are :)

Nope, it's not available yet.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I would personally give one of the admins at Macrumors 10 dollars if they'd tag him the the custom title of "Sunshine Rainbow".

10. 50548 Guest

I'll take it :D