Anti-Glare film for Macbook?

dylan

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
368
0
Do you have a MacBook? If you don't and your planning on getting one the glare really isn't that big of a deal. I actually like the reflections on the screen.
 

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
2,405
0
dylan said:
Do you have a MacBook? If you don't and your planning on getting one the glare really isn't that big of a deal. I actually like the reflections on the screen.
You enjoy seeing reflections on your screen?

What's so good about that, so that you know who's behind you?
 

x86

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
166
0
Dearborn, MI
I have found the reflections on the glossy screen to be hardly noticalble. Its like those trippy puzzle pictures where you have to cross your eyes to see the real image. You won't see it unless your really looking for it.
 

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
207
0
Canada
I would like to buy a macbook, but i hate the glossy screen. my father has a pc with a glossy screen and i cant be on it for more then 10 minutes without getting headache:mad: i sold my ibook with macbook anticipation; so now im stuck with a dell desktop:rolleyes:
 

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
1,767
1
marchcapital said:
I would like to buy a macbook, but i hate the glossy screen. my father has a pc with a glossy screen and i cant be on it for more then 10 minutes without getting headache:mad: i sold my ibook with macbook anticipation; so now im stuck with a dell desktop:rolleyes:
Have you actually seen the MB's screen in person? Because it is definitely not the same as pc glossy screens, and isn't as harsch on your eyes.
 

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
207
0
Canada
dextertangocci said:
Have you actually seen the MB's screen in person? Because it is definitely not the same as pc glossy screens, and isn't as harsch on your eyes.
ya i have. im really picky about reflections on my screen. although, heat and noise dont bother me at all.
 

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
1,370
1
America
I hate the glossy screens. You CAN see the gloss. It doesn't look like a PC, for sure. But it is annoying. I hate how it looks, makes me think of Vista every single time I look at it. It also makes it look cheaper.

*opinion. dont flame me.
 

flyguy451

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
137
0
Before I bought my Macbook I would have told you that I didn't want a stinking glossy screen but now that I have one all that I notice is how much easier it is to see in bright conditions. I simply couldn't use my PB outside or in bright daylight conditions. The benefit of the brighter screen far outweighs any issue with glare. I've only found glare to be within a very narrow viewing angle anyway - just turn the screen a few degrees to either side or maybe adjust the tilt a few degrees and it's gone and even then it's only been needed something like 1 out of 20 times.

Personally, I do not find this a big deal at all, kinda makes me wish that I hadn't wasted so much time obsessing about it before buying one.
 

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
521
0
Oxfordshire, UK
after using various glossy screens i can safely say that unless you in a dark environment, such as a bedroom with a bedside light, they are extremely annoying :rolleyes:

And having seen a macbook next to a few PC laptops, imo the finish on the screen is no different. It does look very sharp though, and the colour is very rich


A good example of glossy screen annoyance would be when trying to watch a dvd while a passenger in a car, i was having alot of difficulty seeing the movie through a perfectly clear reflection of my face :D This was with an Acer laptop.

My powerbook works just fine in a car btw, the backlight is a little dim, but it does the job. And best of all, i can't see my face :eek:


Soo, umm, ya... Anyone seen some anti glare film for the macbooks :eek:
 

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
276
0
Seattle, WA
lexus said:
You have not seen it under all possible light conditions etc
Wouldn't it take just one light condition to matter? Yes.

Reflections are not good when your work is graphics, and what you see is your job.
 

storage

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2005
275
0
Why does everybody argue whether it's good or bad? Some people will find it good, and some will find it bad, as with everything. :rolleyes:

Personally, I was sceptical at first, but yesterday I went to a local store and tried it out. I didn't even think of the glare until I left the store, so I don't think it's an issue, at least not for me.
 

SheriffParker

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2006
579
0
The land of love
I'm glad to hear that most people don't mind the glossy screens. I was very surprised when I found out that macbooks would be glossy-only. And I was curious as to how bad they would be. It sounds like they are top-quality and not much of a bother as far as reflections go. I'm glad, because now I'm not going to rule out getting a macbook because of the screen. They actually sound awesome.

However, some people don't like glssy screens. This is fine. Glossy is not for everyone I suppose, and if you've looked at it and don't like it, well then that's your deal. Even if they are high-quality screens, and better than regular PC glossy screens, people may not like it. I'm more inclined to believe that it's simply a preference of the person who doesn't like them, rather than a serious fault in the screen.

For me, the glossy screen sounds just fine! :D
 

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
207
0
Canada
storage said:
Why does everybody argue whether it's good or bad? Some people will find it good, and some will find it bad, as with everything. :rolleyes:

Personally, I was sceptical at first, but yesterday I went to a local store and tried it out. I didn't even think of the glare until I left the store, so I don't think it's an issue, at least not for me.
im not trying to argue. i just want to find a solution to the problem. if i had an antiglare film for the macbook id be as happy as a pig in ****.