Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Canada
Jobs was thinking when he decided to go with the glossy screen. Im already entertaining the idea of putting out the extra bucks for a 15" pro; just for a matte screen. I believe alot of ppl feel the same as i do.

I wonder if Jobs will come up with a more portable pro?

bf2008

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
answer original question please!

Hey guys, why do you convert a completely valid thread asking about the performance of an anti-glare film into a debate whether matte or glossy screens are better! Help the original poster by sticking to the question. Has anyone tried these films? Are they useful?
Apple is now selling them in the official store, so maybe that means they are endorsing it. I haven't seen these films but I use prescription glasses and I can assure you that the anti glare coating really works for these, so it may very well be that it works on the Macbooks as well.

Any first hand experience with the anti glare films?

grue

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2003
Somewhere.
Hey guys, why do you convert a completely valid thread asking about the performance of an anti-glare film into a debate whether matte or glossy screens are better! Help the original poster by sticking to the question. Has anyone tried these films? Are they useful?
Apple is now selling them in the official store, so maybe that means they are endorsing it. I haven't seen these films but I use prescription glasses and I can assure you that the anti glare coating really works for these, so it may very well be that it works on the Macbooks as well.

Any first hand experience with the anti glare films?

Thank you for bumping a nearly three-year-old thread that isn't even in the right forum.

desktop-forums.jpg

kirktalon

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2003
Metro Detroit, Michigan USA
I get headaches from bright lights and glare so I will be investing in anti-glare sheets for sure.

Update: I did buy a MacBook in September 2006(boy time flies). I still do get headaches with bright lights etc. I use my MacBook at home with a second monitor non-glare. When I have used the MB at coffee houses and the like it hasn't bothered me cause a little tilt of the screen changes the reflection and I don't see the glare.

bf2008

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Thank you for bumping a nearly three-year-old thread that isn't even in the right forum.

desktop-forums.jpg

Sorry, Mate, I just this a search in the forums to answer my doubts about glossy screens and antiglare films and found this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.