Anti-Spam Apps, Suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Huntn, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I recently got a spam text (iphone5) and thought surely there would be a really easy way to block the originator, like push a button that says "block". Wrong! ;) My carrier is Sprint. I found I have to log into my Sprint.com account, go to Limits and Preferences>Block Text>Block only these numbers which allows me to enter phone numbers or email addresses. This is not as convenient as I'd like. You know blocking spam is like wack a mole. You are always one step behind.

Reference link

Is there an App that might help? Or using Sprint is there an easier way?
    Thanks!

2. BugBytes macrumors regular

I get spam messages occasionally on my Verizon 4S. I usually just delete them because I rarely get repeats from the same number, and if I do they're a month or more apart. I'm not aware of an app that will do that for you, I think the only way is to go through your carrier.

3. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I use to get them on Verizon. I called them and told them to block the advertisers. No app that I know of in the AppStore. A phone call should do it.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks guys. I wonder when someone uses a hotmail email address to broadcast spam, would a phone call to block advertisers address this or just legitimate advertisers? My initial impression is to say no, but I don't know.