Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryan1082

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Ok trying to be objective besides the attention-grabbing headline. Coming from am iPhone 5 I truly never realized what I was missing out on with a truly large screen. To be objective yes the phone is big and will not be for everyone and will take some time to get used to. But to any people worried about portability I must say the phone being so thin fits comfortable in my jeans which are pretty skinny and my slim fitting suit pants. To sum it up I'm honestly just laying on my chaise watching Netflix playing with my new gold 6+ wondering why I've missed out in this experience for so long :D

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
I was running so many different things on my 6 plus earlier that I didn't want to go overboard, so I used my 5 to play music while I downloaded some apps and whatnot...

Man. The screen size comparison was ridiculous. I had to pause and look at the phone I had just come from.

I feel like going forward, no phone will be smaller than 4.5 inches. This is it now.

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010
Had the same feeling when I switched to a Lumia 1520. People don't realize how great a smartphone can be with a large screen. And those who think it's too big, just spend a week with it and I guarantee you will love the size.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
I agree. I didn't think the 6 Plus would be as large as it is, and I was taken back when I first held it. Then I came to love it.

sallenthornton

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
Gotta agree. I had no idea what I had been missing. We have 3 iPads, but this will be much more convenient.

gagecloutier

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I agree 100%. If your pockets or hands aren't big enough, go for the 6. For everyone else, get the 6+. It's amazing. Will definitely be selling off my iPad mini now though. It just kind of feels out of place in my setup. If I replace it down the line, it will be with an iPad Air.

ericschmerick

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2004
I'm so happy with the choice of 6+! I've been using it for 2-3 hrs, and I just picked up my 5, and it feels like a tiny little phone. Weird how quickly your frame of reference can change.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I was playing with the 6 Plus in the store today and it does look huge at first glance but the more you play with it the more natural it feels. Plus the screen is just insanely nice. My 5S looked puny after using the 6 Plus for a while.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
So excited to get mine. My wife's 6 came in and even that makes my 5 feel inadequate! lol

:apple:

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
1GB of RAM is fine for a phone. Even the most complex apps don't break a sweat.

I don't understand why everyone has such an issue with 1GB of RAM.
Its simple. It fills up too quick. (This is especially a problem in Safari)

But your right, 1 GB is enough when your playing Angry Birds or watching Netflix.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
I dont get it. You guys never had ipads? Or any other tablet?

So what happened when you went from your 10 inch ipad back to your 4 or even 3.5 invh iphone?

To me the transition looks natural. Sure now i am working more often with larger screen, but i dont find it particularly hard to work with my iphone 5c if I want to. In 2 mins i am adjusted to the smaller screen no problem.

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
UK
1gb of ram. Still in the Stone Age.

Haw haw haw.

Anyways. I was actually just thinking about this right now. Been playing this micro-management game that was just too bloated on the iPad but too small on my 5s and now its just damn immaculate, and I don't think it's been optimised yet. The doubts about sizes and discomfort and ease of portability like the OP mentioned has been left out the door when I took my bike to town and realised it not to be any burden. Definitely glad with my decision.

And with apps that are going to fully utilise this screen size, you can only imagine the hidden gems that are going to be displayed.

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
Its simple. It fills up too quick. (This is especially a problem in Safari)

But your right, 1 GB is enough when your playing Angry Birds or watching Netflix.

My Note 3 reloads games, google chrome tabs and apps like crazy and it has 3GB of ram. If you think iPhone is the only platform with the reloading problem, you're wrong.

yegon

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
I'm delighted with my 6+. I had a Note 1 simultaneously with my iPhone 4. Loved the screen size but liked little else about it. Now I've got the glory of both :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.