Any 7+ owners considering exchange for a 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by solideliquid, Oct 10, 2016.

1. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

I have had the 7+ for almost two weeks, and I am nearing the end of the return period of 14 days.

I tried my wife's 6 for a few days and really liked the smaller size. I see the 7 in jet black is available readily and I'd choose that model. I'm having a hard time deciding because I think I'd miss the bigger screen and the camera options on the plus.

The battery is actually better on the 7 when you add the apple battery case, which I think (and I guess I'm in the minority) that it's a great accessory.

Anyone else?

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'd miss the bigger screen and camera too much. No way.

3. cpd2ymac macrumors newbie

I strongly hesitated to get the 7+ especially coming from the 6+, still ended-up with the 7 jet black and have no regret.

I also purchased the apple battery case which is pretty awesome from what I've seen in two days of owning it.

I don't think you will miss the camera too much and the 7 form factor even with apple battery case is still better than the + side.

4. Guda.FL macrumors regular

I switched from 7+ to 7. It was tough with the big screen, in daily tasks it was not convenient at all. I do miss the screen real-estate and overall the 7+ felt faster and snappier than the 7. Also the 7 I got has weird freezing and lockups.

Im also near my 2nd 14th day period, and considering going back to 7+ (unless i can't?). The Bezels just kills the Plus experience. Then the 7 feels small after it. vicious cycle.

5. nlupient macrumors member

I got a 256 JB 7+ coming form a 6S. Had it for 3 days and exchanged it for a MB 7. Personally, for myself, IMO, regarding what works best for me the 7 is more comfortable to use. I am what you would call an average sized US male 5'8" 170lbs and wears a size M in Mechanix gloves.

6. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

I'd change my iphone 6s for a brand new 5s if i could the phone is too big.

7. fraile macrumors member

fraile

I have a 7+ and came from a 6S. I'm also female and have fairly tiny hands. Honestly the battery life and the camera make the few days of being uncomfortable with the size worth it. You get used to it.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. sleepydinosaur macrumors regular

sleepydinosaur

My 7+ battery life is hilariously good. Like charging every other day good.

10. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

I had a 6 and 6S, went for the 7+ this time around and I will NEVER go back.

11. noobinator macrumors 601

Never! I wouldn't mind a bigger screen even.

12. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

It was awkward at first but now I'll never get a small phone again.

Gentle tap (not push) on the home button and you can reach the top of the screen. It's second nature now.

13. fraile macrumors member

fraile

I charged overnight on Saturday and I still have 42% right now. And I thought the 6S was good.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I been using an iPhone 6 Plus for a few years and couldn't see myself going back down to smaller screens. The 7 plus screen is great.

15. dillonm macrumors regular

Nope - coming from a 6 (and a 5 before that) I love the bigger size and will probably never go back to a smaller phone.

16. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

No way. I love my 7+. It's my first "+" and I love the size - I got used to it in not time.

17. luked14 macrumors 6502

Currently wrestling with this decision. I have a MB 256GB 7+ and debating about whether to go a JB 7. It all comes down to whether you value portability and one-handed use over battery life, resolution, optical zoom, and portrait mode.

I don't have very large hands and one-handed use is pretty awkward for me with the 7+.

The deciding factor for me might be just how much better the 7's battery is than the 6S. If anyone could chime in on that, I'd appreciate it.

18. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

It's called the SE

19. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

7 Plus Battery, screen, camera, are positives. I was having problems with my Verizon 7 Plus so Apple exchanged it, I decided to get a 7 and it works for me.

20. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    Adding the battery case to a 7 is NOT an option for me. I tried it for 2 days. It adds WAY too much weight and takes the weight of the phone off balance. No way it will work in a shirt pocket, and it make all but tight pants really sag. Not an option for men at least..

21. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

The 7+ was my first plus iPhone, coming from the 6, and I was very torn about staying with the 7+ initially because I found some hand cramping when talking on the phone. My thumb kept hurting from stretching to hold the wider size. But when the return period ended for me, after two weeks of web surfing, watching videos, etc., I just couldn't go back to the smaller screen. I also found I really enjoyed the camera features, so I kept the plus. Every time I pick up my spouse's or mom's 7, I am reminded I made the right decision for me.

22. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I am looking for a battery case but from what I understand the case can't be turned off. It keeps changing the phone.

23. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

yeah the Frankestein one...

24. kingtj macrumors 68020

Interesting question, but definitely NO in my case.
    This new 7 Plus is the first iPhone I've ever owned in the larger size -- having convinced myself in the past they were simply too large.

This time around though? I'm really enjoying it. The wider screen makes things more readable when I'm reading online editions of the local newspaper and the like. And I really like the dual camera lens concept in the 7 Plus too -- enough to carry a little bit bigger phone around for the capability. (When taking photos with all of the iPhones I've owned from the 5 until the 6s, I always wanted to be able to take zoomed in photos without that software zoom that's no different than cropping a piece of of a photo with an editing tool and enlarging it.)

And best of all? I find the 7 Plus still fits in the front pocket of all my jeans and other pants, which is where I've always kept the others. For some reason, I thought it would be just a bit too wide to fit.

--- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2016 ---
    I'm actually having a bit of a tough time making a fair comparison because although I went from the 6s to the 7 Plus, I got used to using Apple's (ugly but very functional) battery case on my 6s.

I'd say the 7 Plus has a noticeably better battery life than I remember the 6s having, but still not QUITE as good as I'd hoped for. I used it quite a bit over the weekend, for example, and I noticed my battery was down below 50% by the middle of the afternoon. (I happened to be driving somewhere at that point so charged it back up off the car charger.) I think it would have made it through the whole day until I was done with it for the night -- but it would have been a close call without that chance to charge it mid-day.

25. ATC macrumors 6502a

I love the bigger screen, dual camera and battery life of the plus but for me personally the single-handed and more discreet handling were more important which is why I got the regular 7 - zero regrets.