Any advice how to extract data from this iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SPNarwhal, Oct 6, 2017.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

My friend gave me his iPhone (6 Plus) and asked me to get his information off of it. Not sure what happened to this iPhone, but the screen is cracked. I plug it into a power supply and it says that it's charging, then goes to the apple logo, then goes to a black screen (NOT turned off, just a black screen with the backlight still on..)

Weird thing is, if I connect it to my laptop, it won't turn on or anything like that. It only does that via lightning port that's plugged /into the wall outlet/

If I force it into restore mode (home button and power button,) iTunes DOES see the phone in recovery mode.. but I can't do that because I'm trying to get his data off first.

Any ideas?

I was looking at ReiBoot but I don't want to pay for it.
    Not sure what my options are here.

2. Minho macrumors regular

Minho

Try 3uTools. It's free and it will take the phone out of recovery mode.

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Is this only for Windows? I can't seem to find it for Mac. It's mind boggling how many iPhone programs are made for Windows only.

4. Minho macrumors regular

Minho

Sorry, 3uTools is only for Windows. I have the same issue...whole household is on Mac but for my repair business, I need a Windows PC for several tools. Unfortunately, most iPhone owners (and people in general) have windows pc's...