Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Thank you! D/l'ing now...

Tried installing, but can't install it, got a yellow exclamation point over my HD and the message says "Remote Desktop can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package"..

Any ideas? Is it a problem with ARD 3.7 d/l?

Not sure, but unlikely since you made it to the pkg installer.
Maybe check console for a better idea why the install failed. I can't think why your javascript would matter.

rosskinard

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Austin, TX
Not sure, but unlikely since you made it to the pkg installer.
Maybe check console for a better idea why the install failed. I can't think why your javascript would matter.

You just have to delete the old ARD application and let it install just the new one from the RemoteDesktopAdmin_AppStore.pkg downloaded.

bully worm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
Can anyone confirm BTT works with 10.9 using this method?

Accessibility is now handled on a per app basis in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Accessibility (click the lock to make changes).
You have to allow BetterTouchTool to control your computer there.

See comment #37:
http://blog.boastr.net/?p=2981#comments

I rely heavily on BTT and if it doesn't work with DP1, I'm going to wait until fall.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
11,7,700,203 works fine on my system, the one that shipped with 10.9.
Guess I need to at least update to 11.7.700.225

Edit: Updated to 11.7.700.225, and it works fine as well.

Same here, Flash with 11.7.700.225 working fine in Safari on 2009 MBA.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You just have to delete the old ARD application and let it install just the new one from the RemoteDesktopAdmin_AppStore.pkg downloaded.

Thank you so much!! after I moved my original ARD to the trash, ran the installer and done in seconds.. I didn't even think to try something so simple, I was thinking it was a deeper issue.

Thanks!

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
For those who state iStat Menu's works, how? I uninstalled it as it wasn't working, then reinstalled it only for it to crash every time I open the app. I [obviously] have the latest version/paid app.

----------

How did you trace this?

No download?
But 6.4 working fine for me?

iStat Menus:
only the config app crashes for me. The menu extras themselves work fine.

Shoot, I shouldn't have uninstalled it. The menubar was showing it, but it had issues with the dual display support. I'll check my launch folders to see if anything has been installed and reboot. Only issue, I can't configure it, might be able to by modifying the .plists

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
I got Premiere Pro CS6 to use CUDA by installing 5.5 beta drivers.

After Effects doesn't work, no matter what I do.

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all worked fine.

SpamSieve will not work within Apple Mail.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
iStat Menus:
only the config app crashes for me. The menu extras themselves work fine.

For those who state iStat Menu's works, how? I uninstalled it as it wasn't working, then reinstalled it only for it to crash every time I open the app. I [obviously] have the latest version/paid app.

----------

Shoot, I shouldn't have uninstalled it. The menubar was showing it, but it had issues with the dual display support. I'll check my launch folders to see if anything has been installed and reboot. Only issue, I can't configure it, might be able to by modifying the .plists

Strange. My menubar and configuration utility are both working properly.

----------

Anyone's Dropbox contextual menus work in finder???

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Total Finder crashes for me. I was so used to using the dual window. Anyone know a dual window screen for Finder that work in Maverick? Much appreciated.

Tks

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
I haven't had chance to play with it much but Final Cut Pro 6 installs and works fine. :)

Going to test at some point:

Avid Media Composer 6.5.2
Office 2011
VMware Fusion 5
MPEG Streamclip
FCP7 + rest of Final Cut Studio 3
FCPX
FileZilla
Quicktime 7
Redcine-X Pro
XDCAM Transfer

Plus a few others.

Pitsy

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2008
IVI Pro Broken

IVI Pro no longer works in Mavericks, simply hangs and then crashes or needs a forced quit!!!

Anyone else seeing this one?

Loving Safari - but the wireless perf is not as I expected on a 2012 15" rMP

Pitsy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.