Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eswank

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
NorCal
Ordered two Series 2 Sports in 38 and 42 on Monday. Got this notification tonight for my 42mm. 38 should be available Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.PNG
    IMG_1816.PNG
    473.9 KB · Views: 221

The Martian

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2016
I ordered my watch from BB.com early yesterday when they were showing in stock and it gave me a delivery date of 9/30 well I just got an email from BB that it is available for pickup TODAY! I'm leaving at lunch to go get it! WOOT!

Reactions: Srbell67

Jetfire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
BB teased me most of yesterday with preparing to ship.:( I was hoping to get it today. Finally got the tracking number this morning and will have Apple Watch Series 2 42mm Stainless Steel Case White Sport Ban tomorrow. :)

Funny thing is I'm getting it the same time(day) that I could have gotten it from Apple when I went to order it on the 9th.

Sukach

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
Just ordered the SG aluminum S2 38mm (quite a mouthful/fingerful) from BB.com. It says it should arrive by 10/1. Here's hoping! Really would like to have it for when i go camping on 10/2.

The watch I ordered last night just changed to Shipped (USPS)!

eXMomoj

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Anyone have experience with Best Buy's return policy for opened Apple Watches? I think I'm going to return my Series 2 after using it for a couple days. I don't find it much better than a Gen 1 for my use. It's in mint condition still and with all the original packaging/accessories.

PhilaPHL

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Maybe... going to put it on a list site see what I can get.
So here is an update... Returning it to best buy, couldn't get any offers other than $100-200 less than cost after a week on craigslist. There is NO resale value to these SS when Best Buy is dumping old product on the market at $300 discounts. Personal opinion is that Apple has made a mistake in positioning Apple Watch as a high end luxury disposable good. $200 for sport, $300 for SS $400 for ceramic probably all that is achievable long term assuming a 2 year life cycle.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Well I'll join this thread, canceled my ip7+ jb 128 gb with Verizon, as there aren't shipping till 11/23, heard Best Buy was shipping faster, ordered last night, cc charged with a ship date of 11/7-11/16, somewhat better, order is preparing, hope I get it sooner

Jetfire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
So here is an update... Returning it to best buy, couldn't get any offers other than $100-200 less than cost after a week on craigslist. There is NO resale value to these SS when Best Buy is dumping old product on the market at $300 discounts. Personal opinion is that Apple has made a mistake in positioning Apple Watch as a high end luxury disposable good. $200 for sport, $300 for SS $400 for ceramic probably all that is achievable long term assuming a 2 year life cycle.

Actually, BB has had some $700.00 discounts. Apple Watch (first-generation) 38mm Stainless Steel Case - Link Bracelet for $249 ($949 regularly). The Link Bracelet 38mm alone is $449 at Apple. You have a couple problems here last year BB and others had sales on Apple Watches $50 to $200 at Christmas time and other times. Second Apple came out with the Series 1 Watches. Starting at $269 for 38mm and $299 for 42mm. Since you can now buy a new watch is better CPU for $269 or $299 that killed the Price of original Apple watches. This killed what ever added value that the SS models could have being able to last this long.

One Apple has always charged a premium. I also don't thing the SS model should be a $200 but $100. Unless the SS added a new feature. 42mm Sports (1st Gen) have been going for around $200 maybe a little less on Ebay unfortunately the SS models are going for the same price or less. Even with multiple bands.

So you have a some choices. Buy from Apple and know the hit you will take next year. Just buy the Aluminum model and run ever cycle. Wait until BB and others have a Sale on the new model or wait until the new model comes out and buy last years model on clearance.

Right now we do not know the upgrade cycle of the Apple Watch since this is only Gen 2. It has only been 16 months since the Original. But my guess is it will be a yearly upgrade cycle.

Update 11:20 am 30th
. Just Received my 42mm SS series 2 with white sports band for Best Buy that I ordered on the night of the 28th. Now deciding whether to open it or not.

F'it I have 30 days to return it to BB since I have Elite Status. Now to wear 2 Apple Watches SS with white Sports band. To see if the Series 2 is worth it. The main thing I'll decide on is if the speed is really noticeable. It seem like it in the store but now I'll see in the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: PCtoMAC1

AccPy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
FL
I bought a first gen Apple Watch from Best Buy when they were on huge discount thinking I was going to use the bands and charger since the Watch only came out to like $100 after taking the value of those items off, but I just returned it after getting my Series 2. After using the series 2 I know I'm never going to use the other one because now it feels like a smart watch should compared to before. The first gen seemed to have problems if it needed to do multiple things at once (probably because single core) so if I was out on a run and sending someone a text and then someone tried to call it wouldn't even tell me someone called and when these things happened the Watch would freeze for a couple of seconds while and then would process what I was saying in the text. I certainly prefer the speed of the new Watch. It's also SS and the first gen was a Sport so it's a little Apple to oranges luxury feel wise. I feel like you could always buy one generation behind and save a lot of money or just buy every other cycle (and you'll have the same Watch on the second cycle after your purchase), but you'll get an extra year or two of enjoyment out of the newer Watch. The trade off for the other method of buying the old one every cycle would be that you get a shiny new one every 1-2 years, but you won't get that 1-2 years of having the faster Watch when it's new. Also, I feel like the Series 2 will be like the iPad 2 where Apple supports it for a long time compared to the first gen. But loving my SS series 2 so far and glad I got it. I just bought the Milanese loop for it to dress it up, but nervous it'll scratch up the Watch like some people have said. Anyone with a Milanese loop notice any scratching on the Watch? Thanks!

Jetfire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
But loving my SS series 2 so far and glad I got it. I just bought the Milanese loop for it to dress it up, but nervous it'll scratch up the Watch like some people have said. Anyone with a Milanese loop notice any scratching on the Watch? Thanks!

I have the First Gen SS watch. I wear the Sports band most of the time and Link for dress up. FYI the SS metal is going to scratch that is a given. Now you can polish it but the Scratch give it character. The one thing that I haven't scratched is the Sapphire Screen and that's the main reason I got the SS Gen 2 this time too. I'm rough on my watch. When I first got my Apple Watch last year I even but it in a case. It still got scratches. This is the nature of SS.

So far I like the speed of the Series 2 compared to the first Gen. Switch between the 2 is easy. So I'll have to decide next year whether I want to save the $200 and get the Aluminum one. Depends on what the upgrades features are. I hope its more than just speed.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
My Series 2 watch is schedule for delivery tomorrow. Best Buy has shipped it with the USPS Priority Mail. Can anyone advise as to whether or not a signature will be required? We live in a neighborhood with those "community mailboxes" - the individual mailboxes in the large "stand" with oversized compartments for packages... am I safe to assume that the postman will just leave the box in the package compartment as he does with other deliveries?

Normally it would not be a concern, but I have plans that will take me away from the house during the time frame that our mail is typically delivered (late morning/early afternoon).

Poliscidoc

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
GA
My Series 2 watch is schedule for delivery tomorrow. Best Buy has shipped it with the USPS Priority Mail. Can anyone advise as to whether or not a signature will be required? We live in a neighborhood with those "community mailboxes" - the individual mailboxes in the large "stand" with oversized compartments for packages... am I safe to assume that the postman will just leave the box in the package compartment as he does with other deliveries?

Normally it would not be a concern, but I have plans that will take me away from the house during the time frame that our mail is typically delivered (late morning/early afternoon).

I live in the same type of place with same mailbox setup and they left mine/no signature required

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Just ordered, got no confirmation email. Not under my orders either. Did get charged though which is weird

subwire

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
So I just bought the wife and I watches last night and hers will be ready for store pickup on wed and mine isn't supposed to ship until Nov. 3rd. Do you guys think that date will change?

Jetfire

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
So I just bought the wife and I watches last night and hers will be ready for store pickup on wed and mine isn't supposed to ship until Nov. 3rd. Do you guys think that date will change?

My guess would be no. What I think happens it BB preordered a boatload of Apple watches. This got delayed when Apple kept the those first ones for themselves. Last week BB's order(s) came in finally. Now they have mostly sold though them and aren't scheduled to get their next shipment until November. Apple's own ship dates are Nov 7th, so it looks like supply will be tight for a while. At least that's my take on what is going on.

Reactions: The Martian

subwire

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
My guess would be no. What I think happens it BB preordered a boatload of Apple watches. This got delayed when Apple kept the those first ones for themselves. Last week BB's order(s) came in finally. Now they have mostly sold though them and aren't scheduled to get their next shipment until November. Apple's own ship dates are Nov 7th, so it looks like supply will be tight for a while. At least that's my take on what is going on.

Well dam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.