Any body familiar with RebelSimCard.com iPhone 3G UNLOCKED???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yehudah72, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Zf_ from the iPhone Dev Team said the following:

Also, this is posted as a warning in iClarified:

So my analysis on this is that do not try to use them or even buy that solution. Illegal sound bad enough as it is just to find out once you buy the darn thing, it won't work.

2. yogaboy4ever macrumors newbie

Avoid these products at all cost! I'm kicking myself now but I should have read this thread before buying a Sim Card adapter from mooglex.com. I was mesmerized by the videos on youtube of both the Rebel Sim Card and the very similar product from mooglex.
    While the adapter does indeed unlock the iPhone 3G (I could briefly use a TMobile Sim Card), there is a CRITICAL design flaw. The added thickness of the adapter + your Sim Card causes the entire package to become stuck in the Sim Card tray. As a result, I had to pry the tray open, slightly damaging it in the process. A simple Google search (which I omitted to do as well, duh) will reveal that this is a typical problem.

The worst part is that the disreputable people behind mooglex.com have ignored my email requests for a refund despite a promised 15-day money-back guarantee on their website! Avoid like the plague (in the pre-antibiotic era)