Any buyers remorse?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jedi5, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

This question is mainly to those that were iPad 1 owners.

Curious if anyone regrets selling off their i1 to buy the i2 only to find that aside the camera, there really isn't that much of a difference.

Any regret?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Nope.

only regret was that I went 1 week without an iPad and I actually missed it, and I also realized just how much I have come to depend/use my iPad.

This is one happy camper
    [​IMG]

3. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

4. JimmyTheKnife macrumors member

JimmyTheKnife

Yeah, the new bells and whistles are nice but the LCD bleeding makes me regret selling my gen 1 on eBay...

5. iserian macrumors 6502

Kept my pad number ones no regrets.

6. kindaobsessed macrumors member

My mom is really enjoying my iPad, so I don't regret getting iPad2. If it was not for her I mightnhave some regret.

7. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I won't lie. After the initial impressions set in, I questioned whether this is worth $300 more than my iPad a had before. Right now I can get an iPad 1 32gb wifi w/ Apple Case for $400. I spent $700 on this same specc'd one with Smart Cover.

I finally decided this has a better future, is a good bit faster and easier to hold for reading. I'm keeping it. But yeah, I had a little bit of remorse at first.

8. Poeticashes macrumors member

Agreed. My niece is happy she can watch Sprout on "her" iPad again. :p

9. No1up macrumors regular

100% Im even thinking of taking it back for a xoom...

10. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Lots of remorse here. Bringing mine back tomorrow... I Just don't see myself using it enough and no flash kills it for me. I may try a xoom. Plus, typIng is hard as piss on that thing.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Not to go to off topic, but how do you watch Sprout on the iPad?

do you go to YouTube or some other method?

12. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

To me, this one feels more like a power computer. You can do more with it thanks to the speed.

Mine coming to $910 and being the white I dislike, make me have some remorse though.

13. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

And so you think by spending 800 dollars on a Xoom that you'll use it more?

I owned a Xoom for 2 days. Typing is terrible on the Xoom. It's awkward to use in portrait mode and using it in landscape feels awkward too. And oh my...the force closes, that was enough for me to take it back.

Good choice.

14. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I agree with you 100%. Felt the same way with the xoom. I was purchasing an item and that damn browser quit on me. Facebook also caused a force close most of the time.

15. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

I thought I would considering I thought it would be a marginal upgrade but after two months without an iPad I realized how much I missed it. Upgrade was definitely worth it. Would never consider an Android tablet. And this is coming from someone who loves android.

16. Poeticashes macrumors member

I use one of two methods. There is a free Sprout iPad application that is very kid friendly. Has over 30+ clips and episodes from the Sunny Side Up Show, The Goodnight Show, etc.

Or, if it's a long car ride, I'll use my SlingPlayer and throw Sprout on there.

For fine-tuning motor skills , I'd rather have my niece navigate through the pages and shows herself.

17. kallyq macrumors regular

no regrets here. I love the thinness and extra internet speed. The white is a little different, but I think I like that. For me, the biggest thing is the thinness and lighter weight making it easier to use. Enjoy :)

18. todd03blown macrumors member

None at all! I just love my ipad2! It is so nice and easy to use for browsing the Internet, playing games, etc. Sure does beat turning on my Corp laptop to do the same stuff. I love my purchase!

19. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Thank You.

20. Poeticashes macrumors member

My only complaint about the Xoom was that it felt like a very unfinished product--for the sheer fact that it is. I had been looking forward to a suitable Android tablet, and I was disappointed. I understand pushing things out to beat the rush of the competitor after seeing how the Galaxy Tab fared, but then make your customers ship their device out to enable LTE? Seems a little silly.

I received one at GDC--so I really can't complain about "free," but as a potential customer, I want great, not great*.

21. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

None at all. Got my iPad 2 and bought one for my grandma (my grandpa recently died..Rest in Peace) and now I can facetime with her. She is really happy and excited. We never see each other because we live pretty far away.

22. Reluctant Adept macrumors member

I'm giving away my iPad to a friend when my iPad 2 arrives, and it's not the camera I'm after. Thinner. Lighter. More than double the CPU horsepower. More than four times the GPU horsepower. Double the memory. Automatic wake and sleep with the smart cover. Video out that works with every application, not just those designed for it.

Not everyone will feel that it's worth upgrading, but I certainly do. You're welcome to your own opinion but to claim "there really isn't that much of a difference" is mind-bogglingly inaccurate.

23. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Wait a sec, there is no flash on the iPad 2? I am shocked. If I had only had read about that before I went ahead and made my purchase.

24. gatearray macrumors 65816

Words of wisdom. No regret at all over here, either, loving the upgrade!

25. Jedi5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jedi5

that's not my claim nor is it my opinion.

My question was based by the number of threads that popped up when specs for the i2 were released, the comments that many here said that they would wait for the i3 instead because they weren't all that impressed with the i2.

I know how easily it is to get caught up in all the i2 hype and that's more how I meant it.