Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Just sold my 5 year old MacBook Pro on eBay and for a while I should use my Ubuntu machine which is okay, but seriously, it is way too late. What's keeping Apple from releasing new Skylake based MacBook Pros?

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
0% to 1% CHANCE.

Release or for sale in April, maybe a bit higher

And we are not Apple, so none of use can answer your question as to what is keeping Apple from.......etc

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Who knows now, but odds are good that the release schedule for new MBPs will get some mention in the March event. A 3 week wait, plus you get rumours in the run up to the event. Seems most believe that 15" will get announced in March, but a delay, more than the release of 13".

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Just sold my 5 year old MacBook Pro on eBay and for a while I should use my Ubuntu machine which is okay, but seriously, it is way too late. What's keeping Apple from releasing new Skylake based MacBook Pros?
None.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
The chips that apple uses in their MacBook pros have only just been released as usual you have been waiting for Intel. Not all skylake chips are equal and the best ones are only just out.

I doubt that they will bother with the 15 inch until AMD get their act together and put out their next generation mobile dGPU's with vastly superior power usage. That's looking like juneish on AMD's roadmap.

Reactions: Queen6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.