any diet recommand??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nnfaris5, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnfaris5 macrumors member

im a male/29/5'9"/167 lb wanna lose wt down to 155 lb ASAP.
    any idea on diet ??

2. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

go vegetarian 3 meals a day, restrict your water intake to 3 cups a day, and take lots of laxatives. watch your weight drop :D

any signs of dehydration, nausea, upset stomach, diarrhea, dry mouth, clammy skin, and burning anal sensation is entirely normal. keep it up!

please don't do what i just said.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. nnfaris5 thread starter macrumors member

5. fotografica macrumors 68040

First off,don't use the word diet. That refers to a plan,or something temporary. Sure if you follow a meal plan,you'll lose weight. But you'd have to follow it for the rest of your life to maintain...Think lifestyle change.Good luck on trying to drop 12lbs. ASAP.....The secret is>>>>
    Eat right and exercise ;)

6. Roobsa macrumors regular

7. spazattack674 macrumors regular

Well, I haven't really had an issue with weight (male/16/6'1"/145lbs), so I can't give the best advice. But, I try to stay away from any packaged/frozen/processed foods and I run every day. If you don't run or exercise much, you might not see much of a weight difference, but you will probably build muscle to replace fat.

8. nnfaris5 thread starter macrumors member

doesnt help so far. i know "eat right and excercise" but HOW ?

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

OK , to lose weight safely it will require hard work and dedication & willpower ..without any of these things you WILL fail.

still readin ok then ....

Eat little and often , this raises your metabolic rate .(I eat about 6 - 7 times a day ) do NOT anything at all 2 hours before bed as this lets all the food digest in your gut properly before sleeping , thus letting you sleep easy and wake refreshed which gives more energy for the walking /exercise making it part easier .

what you do eat is critical , get your fat from nuts ,you need fat !!!!

eat plenty and I do mean plenty of green leafy veg and a considerable amount of veg of varying colours (organic if budget/time allows)

eat more fish , less meat and walk AT LEAST 10,000 steps per day , yes I said per day .

try to eat things that don't come in packets , difficult I know but it CAN be done ...I do it so...so can you .

no fizzy drinks etc ie nothing from packets /tins /cans etc etc

take a month or so at least IF you stick to it but everyone is different so give or take

you will feel like a mess at first , probably get loads of spots and feel sick too while your body rids of toxins but after that .......:)

oh , and leave the coffee and tea alone too , go herbal ....add no sweetners to drinks /food but if you have too add honey only and only a little occasionally (like once a week) & plenty of water sipped through out the day of course .

peace & good luck

10. fotografica macrumors 68040

11. nnfaris5 thread starter macrumors member

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

"Eat right" generally means eating proper food that you buy or grow yourself and cooking it yourself; in other words, try not to eat stuff from packets or jars, or cans too much. Some food (tinned tomatoes, sardines, good quality tuna, beans) can survive the canning process quite well, but in general, if you must go the tinned route, try to get stuff that has nothing but the main ingredient (fish, or tomatoes) rather than many additives.

Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables are strongly recommended, including plenty of leafy green ones, use olive oil, drink plenty of water, cut out fizzy drinks, cut back on red meat, eat plenty of fish - preferably oily fish (tuna, mackerel, sardines, etc.); eat organic if possible. Likewise source your bread, rice and pasta from good quality outlets.

There is nothing wrong with adding plenty of garlic, or herbs, or even some salt to what you cook - at least that way, you know what you are putting in to the final dish. Packets rarely tell you exactly what is in them.

Exercise is the other part of this equation.

Cheers

13. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Not bad advice at all. While it's certainly possible to eat unhealthy as a vegetarian, I've found that meat substitutes can be far more healthy than actual meat.

For example, a meatless Boca patty can have as little as 70 calories and 1.5g of fat, which is about 70% less than a ground beef patty of the same size.

Similarly, chickenless chicken nuggets have a 50% less fat than chicken nuggets, but taste nearly identical.

15. fotografica macrumors 68040

Good luck getting that to happen safely guy...

16. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

But you will gain muscle that weighs more than fat.

Just eat nothing or throw up after each meal, I'm lucky no matter what I eat I never gain or lose weight:D.

BTW it is "What diet do you recommend" not "Any diet recommand".

17. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

quite right , but it does take a LOT of knowledge and dedication but I agree totally about meat substitutes ....I mean wtf is a meatless boca patty I wouldn't give that to my neighbours noisy dog .

the only way to eat is fresh ...be it meat , veg or whatever got me some nice fresh fish from the sea the other day (off NW scotland) in the pan in less than 15 minutes .

a chicken nugget isnt really meat , is it ...more like entrails and skin , anyway I digress .

good luck OP, follow what I said , you won't go far wrong ...

best

Marbles

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you tend to eat fast, chew your food and take your time at meals.

If you tend to eat a lot, switch to the salad plates and cut the portions in half or more. This "may" require a few meals with small portion snacks between. This is to shrink the stomach back down.

Cut out as many of the empty calories that you can, soda, fattened coffee, candy, etc. and go for the more useful ones water and fruit/veggies (though too much fruit can be a lot of calories).

Try to learn what an empty stomach feels like again, the old making noise version of it. As Oprah says, I forgot what hungry felt like and was eating well before I needed to.

19. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

this may be true if he was to embark on a massive exercise program etc but he is not as far as I am aware
    what you trying to do kill the guy ??

20. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

well said I forgot to say that ...it's not just for a week or two....your body is for life

I'm prolly coming across as some freakoid eater or something here but major health scares and the birth of my kids have made me think very seriously about what I eat ......just sharing some of what I learned

peace out .

ps the health scares came before I started to eat properly btw before some funny ass chimes in ;)

21. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Oh OK if not it might not happen then.

Yes I am!

22. Trip.Tucker Guest

Cut out carbs for 1 month, i.e. no bread, flour products, of any kind, at all.

23. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

oh , right :eek: just give him some cornish pasties 3 times a day then :p

24. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

hahahaha ( takes deep breath ) hahahaha wipes tear from eye .....is that from some fad diet book or what !!

sorry but while eating flour products isn't exactly healthy , a healthy body really does need carbs , you know , for energy ....

oats are good carbs nice slooow release energy

25. fotografica macrumors 68040

That's great and all,and when your body is in Ketosis you'll start dropping..But what about when you start eating carbs again???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.