Any forseeable issues with restoring the new iPhone ('HD'?) with a jailbroken backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TimSS, Jun 4, 2010.

1. TimSS macrumors member

I sold my (unlocked) 3GS 16GB on eBay recently ($490, FWIW), with the intent of buying the new iPhone on release day. Because I'd like to get back a lot of my app data, I'm going to restore from my backup made on my jailbroken 3GS. I'd prefer to 'restore as new', but I didn't copy some of the data from my apps (notes, recipes, other mundane stuff) that I assume resides in the backup.

Will doing a restore from a jailbroken phone backup to a new, non-jailbroken phone cause any issues? It's also an encrypted backup; I've heard that can introduce problems as well.

It's not the end of the world if it's better to 'restore as new'. I'd just rather get my info back (and I may restore as new anyway after getting that data and copying to some text files).

TIA

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There are always issues using a jailbroken restore file... many times it's along the lines of low battery life.