Any Ghost Hunter Fans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jb60606, Sep 27, 2008.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Is Ghost Hunters any good, or is it clearly fabricated bull-crap?
    Which season do you recommend buying off of ATV? (fyi: they don't have season one).

I'm home alone with a fractured coccyx/tailbone. I need a good spook. Any other ATV/iTunes recommendations would be appreciated to.

2. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Buy every single episode of Supernatural to date, you will be glad.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thread revival.
    Of all the reality shows, Ghost Hunters is one of our favorites, along with Pawn Stars. I did not realize this has been on for 11 years (2004). In the realm of reality television, I will not watch supernatural shows that include reenactments. That's just too fake.

We watched GH last night (Wed). They observe and what is presented seems reasonable. They claim they will help property owners discover who is haunting their place (sometimes they seem to, if you buy what is being presented). The best locations are the abandoned prisons, insane asylums, sanitoriums, old hotels and theaters.

However where they come woefully short is that this is entertainment, not a serious investigation or they would spend several days at a location. And their answer for the property owner who feared a malevolent entity reported to scratch and bother her kids, was to suggest they gather in a group and tell the spirit to get out. Maybe that would work, but maybe they need an exorcist. ;) We did a ghost walk several years ago and their advice was when getting into your car to leave, tell any hitch hiking spirits to get out, they are not allowed to come home with you. :)

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I read a news article (so I can't find it right now but will edit my post if I do find it), that indicated that both ghost hunters and pawn stars is fabricated. In the latter's case arranging for someone to bring in a rare object to have it appraised.

In the former's case they created the ghostly sounds and other evidences to make it more engaging.

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Ghost Hunters used to be good when they investigated actual homes where normal everyday people lived. Some of those episodes were actually believable.

Grant and Jason used to say early on that it was very hard to catch paranormal activity on camera and that was why on many early episodes, they would end of with nothing.

Now, every episode is filled with "Did you hear that?" or "What was that?" several times yet not one viewer can ever hear or see what they supposedly saw. And what's with the doors moving in every episode?

They lost my respect with the two coat hanger episodes. The one that was most ridiculous was when Grant and Jason were sitting on a couch and a coat hanger supposedly got thrown to the floor in front of them from off screen to the left. Then it happens again and their own reactions were so staged that it was laughable.

Even more laughable was when they went to a zoo and amusement park to investigate. I honestly can't believe it made it to another season.

Ghost Adventures is also unbelievable but at least Zak and Aaron make it fun. Ghost Hunters is just bland and boring leaving the viewer believing they wasted 43 minutes of what was that

6. Huntn, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

If this is true about Ghost Hunters, then it's a corruption and condemnation of the concept behind reality TV. If it's not real, then it's BS. For Pawn Stars, I have no issue with items being pre arranged, but if the negotiations are all staged in advance, then I would have grounds to no longer watch the show.

Most Haunted, a show out of the U.K. went off the air after they started having things thrown at them every episode. Then a spin off, Ghosttown was short lived after the star was possessed every episode. GH, I agree has many episodes that are boring, mostly they get sounds or personal experiences, but if anything that feels more real than having fantastic occurances. I remember one or two episodes where a figure was recorded on infrared, but this is the exception, not the norm. If it is ever revealed the events in this show are fabricated, I'll be done with it.