Any good headphones suitable for kids?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DAKnits, Jan 21, 2008.

1. DAKnits macrumors newbie

My daughter (3 1/2 yrs old), has been enjoying my iphone very much :rolleyes: (lots of GREAT free podcasts!), but as I found out from this Board, her listening to the podcasts through the internal speaker is eating up my battery quickly. Are there any headphones for the iphone that go over the head (the old fashioned kind), that are good for kids? I bought a headphone adapter from Apple today so that I could research headphones safe for young kids and use the adapter, but if there are headphones already out there, I'd prefer to buy them. Thanks!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Unfortunately the only headphones you can find suitable for your daughter are those old-fashioned ones. (I may be well wrong, however Google is a friend)

However, there are some options you can try.

Taking into consideration you want your daughter to hear podcast anywhere at whatever time, here are some options for you to try-->

1. You can carry the charger with you. Now that these chargers are small and portable, charging anywhere is possible. (This is anywhere travel in a city)

2. If at home (or office), buying speaker base for iPhone helps since the phone charges while the speakers play your podcast. Costly sometimes, but helps in the long run.

Hope this helped!:)

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I bought my daughter (she is six) a pair of these Disney headphones they are much smaller than standard headphones and come in a few different character models. I use these in conjunction with a little adapter from Belkin but you could also "shave" down the plastic at the end of the headphones to make a good fit.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I knew I missed something out...Disney, they always have an answer for kids stuff. So I was wrong. Well, carrying the charger ain't a bad idea also. ;)

5. DAKnits thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to everyone for the replies! I searched and Apple doesn't make kid friendly headphones, so I am going to use the adapter. I did a little research and found these (I got it in red):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EONVWG/ref=pd_cp_e_0?pf_rd_p=250314601&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000QY71ZC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ZWK7C9BFW1X92S45FE8

If they don't work out, I'll get the Disney ones, thanks for the recommendation. I also decided to get her the Fisher Price Kid Tough FP3 Player for safe music listening.

It is a really good idea to carry a charger, especially having a kid. Thanks!