Any House music fans out there?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TwoSocEmBoppers, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Hey Community...Just wanted to see here who's a fan of house music?! Also, what are some of your favorite dj's?! Maybe even some dubstep?

Deadmau5 has to be one of my top followed up by Klaas, DJ Avicii, Afrojack, DJ Chuckie, and of course Bon Sinclar in no order.

2. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Holy *****. For a second there, I had to make sure I wasn't just teleported back to 1995. Say, "Yo Heyyyy" to Moby for me.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I thought I misread that house and music could be used in the same sentence. :confused:

4. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Sure it can. The theme song for House is pretty good. I like it.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well you do have a point. :p

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Yes, it does have something going for it, does it not??

7. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Me, Me, Me!!!:eek:

Love Bob Sinclair. Western Dream is my favorite album ever.

Just downloaded a podcast yesterday that you may like. It's more African themed. In iTunes, search for Nickodemus. Some of his albums are for sale, but there is also a free podcast "DJ Nickodemus The African Edition 2010". He also does a party here in NYC called Turntables On The Hudson and has a website by the same name. He also does a lot of latin based stuff.

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I'm more of a trance & techno kinda girl though I like a lot of music that verges on ambient house such as The Orb, Orbital, The Future Sound of London ect.

The only House music I actually like is by Henry Cullen, also known under his acid techno pseudonym D.A.V.E The Drummer.

I highly recommend this track.

I guess the issue I take with most house is that I'm a raver at heart, I don't enjoy dancing to music below 140bpm or so.

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Not at all. Music taste fail for the above posters. I like House, Trance, Dance etc..

I love Afrojack. One of my favorites is Take Over Control. Swedish House Mafia is amazing as well. Luckily they are releasing a US album this spring.

David Guetta, Robbie Rivera, Kaskade etc...

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I'm a pretty big trance listener, mostly Psy/Goa. Give a listen to Hallucinogen after you've gone through the earlier Infected Mushroom stuff - their newer albums just don't have the same "oomph."

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've been trying to find some good house stuff, but I can't find anything yet. Any recommendations beside Swedish House Mafia and of course, Deadmau5?

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Post of the day!

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Goa <3

I've seen Hallucinogen live a few times, fun times. My favourite live psy act has to be Cosmosis though, seen him twice now, both times were utterly spectacular and nights I'm never going to forget. I don't quite understand how the man can play so many musical instruments live so seamlessly yet still have time to interact with the audience to the degree to which he does.

I've been listening to a lot of Ananda Shake lately too, it's very isratrance but I like it ;)

14. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I'm a fan of house music, though I prefer progressive house, such as Arty. I'm more into trance music, and have been for a long time. Besides that, all I really listen to is rock and jazz.

Some great artists to check out are Eric Prydz, Michael Cassette (just released a new album, it's great!), Morgan Page, Mr. Sam, and Whelan & Di Scala.

15. 0wnage macrumors member

I'm a progressive house, chillout (city) lounge type of guy.