Any iPhone 3gS scratch tests?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleguy123, Jul 10, 2009.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I tried a Google and mroogle search but they were too convoluted because of all the iphone 3g scratch tests

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I would love to see this.

Who's gonna take one for the team?? :D

3. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Bump! this is obviously of interest to quite a few people as 200 people have viewed this thread hoping to find out if the new coating scratches more or less than its predecessor

4. lavinci macrumors 6502

Eventually, we'll see a youtube video about a 3GS taking a beating with the car tire and ten foot drop.

5. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

That would be great! lol but for the first and 3g iphone they were there in the first few days i think they are there im just not finding them because of the close name

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If you go over to howardforums, you will rarely if ever see a question like this about a Nokia/Sony/Samsung/Motorola phone.

What is it with people who demand the iPhone be pristine???

7. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

my 3 week old 3GS is scratched on the back. usual parts. apple logo. and other parts. going to get it swapped for one with a real battery though. i think they accidentally put a watch battery in mine or something.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It wasn't able to pass this test. ;)

9. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

You link an original iPhone being blended in a topic asking about an iPhone 3GS being scratched?

You could have at least posted the 3G blending. It would have been more relevant.

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I remember seeing this kind of thread on treocentral when I use to have my 650 and 700.

Just stands out more here cause it's a mac site with a phone sub forum, rather then a site dedicated to the iphone or many phones.

And yep, I want my iPhone pristine too. Along with everything else.

11. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I found a scratch on my iphone 3g and i was crushed for weeks the cause was i left a quarter in my pocket by mistake the result 4 quarter inch deep scratches

12. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

You mean if the the new coating scratches verses the screen with no coating? It's not easy to scratch glass, but there are very few coatings that don't..

13. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I love seeing these.

14. snoboarder8232 macrumors newbie

1/4" inch deep scratches? LOL I highly doubt that.

15. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

I took a key to one of the display-model iPhones at my local Apple Store. I scratched at that thing for like a minute as hard as I could and it didn't leave a single mark.

One of the employees let me do this because he was trying to sell an iPhone to my sister and guaranteed that neither keys nor a quarter would scratch the screen.

16. Blueravr macrumors member

think he meant the thickness of the quarter. are the width or the scratches.

17. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

you put in one quarter and got 4 in return. that's a pretty good profit.

18. paul100 macrumors newbie

Some say they don't get scratched even if you keep them along with keys and coins in your pockets. But there are an another group of people who put on the invisible shield on their iphone as soon as they come out of the Apple Store, in the fear of getting scratched. I even saw a youtube video showing that the new iphone gets scratched more quickly than the older models.

But thats not true with my iPhones (both 2G & 3G).

19. mbob macrumors member

I haven't seen a test video yet but I can add my 3gs has a scratch near the home button that looks like the black coating is smudged in a line. I have the same case on it from my launch day 3g which is flawless. There may be something to the new coating scratching easier.

20. dagomike macrumors 65816

IMO going to lengths to keep the case new is more about vanity than anything else. The glass though is a different matter.

21. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

sorry should haave been a comma there i mean that they were deep and 1/4 long

22. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Since you're not vain, can I come over and key your car?

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Wow.. I wasn't even AWARE that people might have allergies from the iPhone. So yes - please - post the results of any and all scratch tests. And it sucks if you're tested positive and already bought an iPhone -but I'm sure Apple or ATT will give you a refund if you bring it back under 30 days

24. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

25. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

"iSmoke, don't breathe this" I've got one of those blenders & it's fabulous. But I'm sure as hell not going to make an iPhone smoothie! :D