Any iPhone 5 owners using a bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CmoranRVA, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CmoranRVA macrumors newbie

I'm considering putting a bumper on my iPhone 5. Not just for protection, but I think it provides better grip. I'm curious if anyone is using one, and they're thoughts. My main concern is whether the bumper will cause scratching on the sides.

2. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

As far as I know there aren't any bumpers available for the iPhone 5 yet. Def no official Apple ones. If I'm wrong please post a link ... I want one!

3. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

bumpers are ok if you just want side protection. i had one on my 4s and it looked kind of childish so i took it off after a few weeks.

i think this is pretty sleek if you're looking for a "minimal" look with a little more protection. http://www.moshimonde.com/product/iglaze-xt-for-iphone-5.aspx

clear n sexy ;)

4. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

5. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I went with a leather case that holds the side of the phone with a robber coated spring of mateal wire so it should minimise the scratching. Having said that I have noted a couple of small marks already, but it's a phone, not a $40,000 car :)

6. bowlen macrumors member

There are actually no cases at all on the Apple site which is a bit weird! One would have thought that you could get heaps of cases through Apple...

7. cad871 macrumors newbie

8. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I ordered one similar to that above. Also off amazon, it's an I-blason one though. It has silver buttons on it which I liked. It's pretty decent. I just got it in case I feel like I'll be doing something that needs extra protection. I'm using a full body armorsuit skin for it otherwise.

9. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I just wish Apple made theirs for the 5 again lol

10. cad871 macrumors newbie

I did have a Speck full body case on for a few days, but as I feared, it collected a lot of dust, etc and was worried it will scratch the bezel, which it did. Oh well. It was gonna scratch eventually.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im using this bumper I got on ebay for $5.95
    Works great, I get a better grip with the phone and doesnt slide in and out of my pocket as easy as before and have no issues with scratches or anything.

Attached Files:

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I bought that one too. Didn't really like it. Pretty poor fit, pushed my screen protector in, blocked the connector etc. Here is the one to get:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KS61VA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Much better, looks great and perfect fit, and does not push up the screen or back protector. And you can't beat the price. :)

Edit: Applejuiced beat me to it. Looks the same as mine. My price is better!

13. CmoranRVA thread starter macrumors newbie

I used this same bumper on my 4s and really liked it. Thanks for the heads up, ordering tonight.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The bumper scratched my iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S around the sides. Dirt gets in and it causes it to scratch, especially removing the case. I can't imagine one wouldn't scratch the iPhone 5. If anything it would be significantly worse.

15. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome, I like it too and like the price.
    Way cheaper than the $30 Apple charges for theirs and they dont even have any available yet.

17. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Hows pressing the buttons on it? Any scratching?

18. brendu macrumors 68020

I got that one, it is okay. Similar to the apple bumper for iPhone 4 and 4s but not quite as nice. the buttons feel terrible IMO. I took it off and I am rocking the iPhone naked for now. I got applecare+ so if anything happens I will replace it and put the bumper or a case on the next one.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I just took it off to check since you guys are starting to scare me:D
    There was some dirt in a few places but I dont see any scratches at all on the black metal. I didnt pull a magnifying glass but it looks good. Nice and black like it should be.
    The metal buttons on it work fine, they click just like all previous bumpers.
    So far no issues, I had it on for 2-3 weeks.

20. darster Suspended

I second that. Great bumper!

21. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Good to hear :) Mine will be here tomorrow. Thanks.

----------

Yep, buttons on this one are awful.

22. SR71 macrumors 68000

Case1449 is selling iPhone 5 bumper cases in a variety of colors at $10 a pop. Mine will be here tomorrow!

Link: http://www.case1449.com/

23. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I got one on ebay and I'm pretty happy with it even though it's pretty cheap, quality wise. Because it arrived with scratches and nicks in it, I got a refund from the ebay seller, but I get to keep it!

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced