Any luck walking in and buying?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Oct 19, 2015.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Haven't seen a recent thread on walk-ins so thought I'd ask if people were having luck now getting a 6s Plus. I'm in Phoenix and it's pretty dry here. Trying my local Verizon and Best Buy stores with no luck so far.

Thanks!

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i was able to get 6s plus ROSE gold 64GB by walking in twice.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

4. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

That's weird because I'm getting Verizon and BB telling me they're still hard to come by. Maybe it's the town I'm in?

5. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

6S Plus 64GB in Space Gray. Reserved online this morning and picked it up in store at Apple. Probably your easiest way to get your hands on one at this point without the need the drive around.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

If you live in a city that has a lot of international tourists coming in and buying up stock, like Miami, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and so on, you may have a lot of trouble finding stock. Competing with throngs of people trying to buy iPhones to take home to other countries is a pain.

Less touristy cities, for example, Atlanta, will probably have this problem less.

Miami is especially difficult; you won't find walk-in stock here until late November typically.

7. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Interesting. Phoenix really isn't an international tourist city (I guess?) but we do have a huge population of out of towners showing up about this time of year for our warm winter weather.

I mainly wanted to buy it from Verizon (as opposed to Apple Store) so I can put it under contract and make payments on my Verizon bill rather than the Apple program.

8. thebro20 macrumors regular

i live in atlanta and was able to walk in to an ATT store a week after launch and picked up a space gray 6s 64

9. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

For the 6s maybe, but not the 6s Plus. Just try the website istocknow.com. 6s Plus supply has just only this week started to increase. The first couple of weeks it wS incredibly hard to find anywhere in the world.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I haven't seen a 6s Plus in any capacity or color in the 3 Apple stores near me.

11. coney718 macrumors regular

Haven't tried an Apple store but I was calling T-mobile stores all around here (NYC) last week inquiring about the 6s+ and nobody has them.

12. jm31828 macrumors member

Verizon store here in the Seattle area said it is at least a month wait for a 6s plus no matter what color.

13. iNinja08 macrumors regular

iNinja08

I'm pretty sure you can buy the vz phone from The Apple Store and have it subsidized through Verizon. They will ask you when your buying the phone from apple and will require your vz billing passcode (4-5 digits max) it will then prompt you for your contract options. (You choose these options on the spot) As far as walk ins.. I've had to reserve the phones I've purchased(also in Phoenix) and from checking a couple times a day I can tell you the Verizon phones are the hardest to find in stock compared to the other carriers.

14. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I walked in the day after for a Plus. I trust what happens over a third-party site.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Depends.

I went to iStockNow and for days the two Apple stores local to me did not have the 6S+ in stock for ATT at 128GB Rose Gold. The moment the site showed that one was in stock, I went to Apple's reservation site, which indeed confirmed that they had that phone in stock, and reserved it. 4 hours later, after work, walked in, picked it up along with my 128GB space grey 6S, and walked out.

Centralized place like that, that keeps up to date on stock at the stores is a hell of a lot better than going to each store on Apple's website and hoping they have it in once per day. iStockNow had their stocks up to date to the minute.

BL.

16. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Apple Stores seem to be OOS, might have better luck going to the carrier store.

17. rasputinj macrumors regular

reserved in morning for 64BG Rose Gold for wife, no issues picking up same day, multiple locations in SoCal seemed to have stock.

18. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

The 6S Plus is this model's white whale. Just like stock was incredibly low or nonexistent for the 6+ for quite some time after launch, it looks that way for the 6S+ in 64 or 128.

19. brentsg macrumors 68030

I walked in and bought an AT&T 6S Plus 64GB at Best Buy. I did the same for a sim-free 6S Plus 128GB at the Apple Store.

20. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Perhaps they aren't selling that well in my area, but they've had them in the store on the four visits I've made for other reasons since the launch.

21. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I think it's a hit or miss and depends on the area you live. Sunday, I was able to walk in and buy a sim-free 128 GB SG 6S Plus without reservation and I took the last one.

22. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I haven't been able to find a 6S+ Verizon version in my area. I ordered one online through Verizon because I got tired of calling around.

23. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Thanks for the replies. I just got off the phone searching for a 6s plus 64 or 128GB in any color and got nowhere. Called 3 Verizon stores, 2 Best Buys and the Apple Store in my area. Verizon guy said keep trying back as he thinks stock is finally catching up with orders and I might have some luck later this week. We'll see...

Also, I was at Verizon a couple days ago and they brought out a 64GB silver 6S plus and said I could buy it. I got all wishy washy and decided to wait for a 128 gig. Got home and changed my mind. Called the store 30 minutes after I left and was gonna tell them to hold it and was coming back for it but it got sold.

I snoozed and losed.

24. Ducman999 macrumors newbie

Ducman999

Reserved one in 6s plus 16g the AM, came in and ask if they have a sim free 64g in RG, walked out a happy camper

25. Lugnutz macrumors member

Only one I can find locally is Rose Gold. I ordered mine online through Sprint about a week and a half ago. Just shipped today and is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.