Any news on a new 12.9 Inch model Ipad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SharkRaptor, May 16, 2016.

1. SharkRaptor macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I'm looking at purchasing an ipad Pro (Someone is actually willing to sell th 12.9 32 gb for $850 on craigslist at the moment), but I am curious if I should just hunker down and wait for the new model?

Does anyone know when the new model will be released, like if it might be released with the november line up? Model 2's are generally much better than first generations, so if I should wait a few months I'd definitely much rather do that.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

No one knows. One can only guess that they may release an update each year... Then again, maybe not. Your guess is probably as good as anyone else's.

3. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

You can get a 128GB Cellular for $820 in the past, I wouldn't buy a 32GB for $850.

4. subjonas macrumors 6502a

Uh, either you mis-typed a number or two, or they're trying to rip you off. Brand new full price for 12.9 32 GB is $799.

5. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

I don't think they will release a new 12.9" iPad this year. The current model has more power than iOS and the available apps can handle. Maybe if iOS 10 will be significantly different, but I doubt it.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If there will be a new iPad in November, I would think we'd start to hear rumors about it very soon. Shortly after the iPhone 6s was released, we already had rumors about the next *two* iPhones. I haven't read anything about the next iPads.

7. ericwn macrumors 6502a

I would not worry too much. Nobody knows when the next one comes. On the other hand this is not Apple's first iPad or model 1, just the first one that can use the pencil and keyboard.

8. SaddleSC macrumors member

I agree with the posters above...I purchased my 128GB 12.9 IPP from Staples brand new for $799 a couple weeks ago. $850 is not a great price at all for the 32GB version.

As far as whether you should buy one now, or wait for the update...that is always the question with technology. However, the 9.7" IPP has given us some valuable insight about what the next version of the 12.9" IPP will look like...it will most likely include a True Tone display and a better camera.

I personally own both the 9.7 and the 12.9 and I would definitely NOT wait 5-6 months just for those two minor features. I find myself using the 12.9 nearly 85% of the time and it is my favorite portable device.

9. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

It's kind of depressing as a 12.9 owner how much the just after return period sellers are getting for the iPad Pro.