General any news on gridlock..?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fisherking, Feb 11, 2013.

1. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

am using iblank for now, but miss icon shadows... anyone hear anything about a possible timeframe on gridlock?

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

4. Jman13 macrumors 68000

5. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

here too for some reason (on my 4S...) :(

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

How so ?

7. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

works fine on my iPhone 5.

did you try reinstalling it?

8. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

not sure why (perhaps a conflict with some other JB tweak?) but didn't work on my 4S... maybe i'll try it again (if there's no gridlock soon....)

9. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

huh...warning on cydia went from "update for ios6 coming" (something like that) to, this morning, "this does not work with your OS".

is it over? :( seems like a message that it's NOT being updated... :(

10. iFiend macrumors 65816

why don't you contact the developer? he's active in the community...

11. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

good idea (duh! i should have thought of that).

"an update will be released when it's complete"..

12. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I bought iconoclasm but i was never able to get it to let me just move the iCons whereever i wanted, so i bout Gridlock.

Guess i will just have to wait.

13. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

waiting sucks, LOL...but it's sad how people (me included, sigh) bitch & moan about 'waiting', i.e. "what's wrong with the developer? it's been TWO DAYS since the JB was released. why isn't this tweak updated?"

sad indeed, but...dammit! why isn't this tweak updated yet? :rolleyes:

14. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

TBH i do understand that this is most likely a hobby or a labor of love for some of these developers. I have LI5 as well and i have been keeping up with the thread on that app and wow that developer is really putting in some time on that one.

I am happy with the JB apps and tweaks and gridlock is just one of those "nice to have" type of tweaks.

15. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

It may be a hobby or labor of love but this app is a paid app and therefore should be more of a priority for paying customers. I am not knocking Chpwn as he helps with jailbreaking along with his app creations. However, if you are going to charge for it then speedy consideration should be given to paying customers.

16. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

They say in their add that you can free your icons and place tem anywhere but you can't, I pointed out that's why I bought the app to the seller and he told me I need gridlock and offered me a refund but I didn't bother.

17. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I feel the same. My preference is iconoclasm because I like to custom themes I play with and make them my own and/or different... So sometimes I have no choice to make my own iconoclasm layouts. However, along with paying for a tweak they can't use, I understand the frustration of those who needs gridlock. I'm not a fan of Dashboard x and iWidgets since I like my widgets to stay in place while swiping pages (which is why I prefer iconoclasm), but gridlock is something they really need to do their layouts.

18. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have dashboardX just so i can have a Music Widget on my spring board and it does bug me that it is only on page 1

19. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Most layouts are horribly borked for me. Some of the smaller layouts (like 3x3 sparse) work OK (though, the spacing is a little off due to scaling for the iPhone 5 screen). Any new layouts I've created with Iconoclasm Layout maker are completely screwed up (it populates ALL icons on the top row, one on top of another, so all icons are stacked in about 3 spots on each page.) I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled over the course of about 4 days. (with many resprings and reboots inbetween). Same behavior every time.

20. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I know huh... I try to stick with winterboard widgets for that reason... or just use the overlays from iWidgets and work them into similar winterboard widgets so they stay in place.
    I'm not sure if iiconoclasm is the issue yet. When I make my layouts, I make sure I have the same count of spaces on each column and row... and my layouts look evenly spaced to me.

iconoclasm (4x4) setup

iconoclasm (4x2) setup

I believe I'm using the same theme you are using... so I'm not if it's iconoclasm, or your layout .plist file you are using.

21. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Not sure what the issue is, but while some layouts work OK, some are totally messed up, while others (even stock included ones) will do odd things like have icons stuck on the lot, or losing a column, etc.

Here's an example. First image is the layout made in layout maker:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360699171.034716.jpg

And this is how it looks with that layout applied. Note the icons on top of each other:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360699208.801457.jpg

22. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

It might be an issue with the layout maker app. I aways just made my own .plist files via ssh or iFile.

Use the template below. If you want to keep 4 columns, just play with the rows values. Rename the file and ssh it to /Library/iconoclasm/Layouts.

=========
    Create a "iP5 Systen Default (4x5).plist" file with the source below, and put it in /Library/iconoclasm/Layouts.

PHP:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>EasyGrid</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Cols</key>
    <array>
    <integer>17</integer>
    <integer>93</integer>
    <integer>169</integer>
    <integer>245</integer>
    </array>
    <key>Rows</key>
    <array>
    <integer>12</integer>
    <integer>82</integer>
    <integer>152</integer>
    <integer>222</integer>
    <integer>292</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </plist>

23. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Can you recommend a good music player to use with WB that will stay in place.

24. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Sorry, I don't use a music player widget so I don't know of any. If I come across one that looks good, I'll let you know.

25. Skizzy macrumors regular

Skizzy

If a developer asks for money before you are able to download the app then it's perfectly fine to ask when an update will be available if you already gave him your money.