Any News On Nehalem ("Arrandale" etc.)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Firefly2002, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

At first I wanted to wait for the new MBP refresh (..a year ago) but was underwhelmed by the upgrades, didn't want an nVidia GPU, and hated the case design.

Now it seems like it would be a waste to get a MBP now with a Core 2 CPU (I'm using a 2.4 Core 2 Lenovo atm), as Nehalem should be out within at most 10 months, and obviously I don't need a new computer ASAP.

I dunno, it's just frustrating. I'm hoping they'll finally upgrade the screen res, as 1440x900 is pretty lowish (used to 1680x1050).

Anyway, I've been scouring for info on the mobile nehalem variants but there really doesn't seem to be any news out there. I figure Apple might get them a month or so early.. any thoughts?

Just... frustrating. And I hope we get a Radeon 4650... or even a 4750 if they decide to make a mobile variant.... it's already perfect for a laptop; 128-bit memory architecture and 40nm fabrication =)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You might to search around, because by doing that you come around this thread.

3. Firefly2002 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well if I could have searched for it before, I certainly can't now. You've ruined it for me.

I hope it feels good.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

mmm yes it does lol:D:D:D:D:p

5. Firefly2002 thread starter macrumors 65816

Lol =)

I didn't realize they were integrating the GPU into the CPU this early... ugh. What a bloody waste of silicon. Honestly I don't know what they're doing. The whole point of die shrinks are more performance and less HEAT, not more heat and a bit better performance. ****ing ridiculous.... get rid of the integrated GPU or at least don't include them in all chips.... 25W Nehalems would probly be out now if they hadn't done that...