Any prediction when iPhone 7 Plus be IN STOCK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRobby, Nov 1, 2016.

1. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

I'm in a quandary held hostage by the availability of the iPhone 7 Plus units at the Apple Stores.

I have a smashed screen but functional AT&T Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus 64GB. I'm looking for o buy a Verizon Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Or 256GB.

My situation is I'd be ok waiting the 3-4 week shipping. But I am unable to do so due to the fact that I want to to switch from AT&T Next to Verizon Apple iPhone Upgrade Program*

So, I can't order online switching providers and upgrade programs.

I've checked the availability of all iPhone 7 Plus models in my local Apple Store Coconut Point in Estero, FL at midnight every night and throughout the day via the reservation page on the Apple website.

Most of the days there are no iPhone 7 Plus models at all. And if there are it's usually one particular GB and one particular color and one particular carrier. mostly rose gold or gold

I'm hoping one day I'll see a a Verizon Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Or 256GB. Coming from a 64GB I'd be happy with either one whichever comes available first.

My Apple Store now is fully stocked up with all iPhone 7 models including all Jet Black models.

So my question:

"Can anyone give me some idea when iPhone 7 Plus models will be fully stocked at the Apple Store or at least show up to be reserved?"

2. abadchris macrumors newbie

I'm in a slightly similar situation myself. I'm a T-Mobile subscriber on the JUMP! Lease Plan, wanting to switch to the iPhone Upgrade Program and can only do so at an Apple Store. Been going to the store almost everyday (since I work pretty close to the SF Union Square one) to no avail. I too am wanting the Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus 128GB or 256GB.

3. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I was waiting for a different color but just searched for stock from the apple site daily (instead of going in physically) and popped in and got it when it came up as available. OP keep hoping they come in stock soon but also keep checking. Second guy, just check online, dude. Though, i guess the walking is good for you so there's that.

4. jm0neyxo macrumors member

jm0neyxo

5. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

In order to get the Apple Upgrede need to go to Apple Store.

6. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

best buy charges almost 50 dollars more and target only offers financing and monthly payments. Target does not offer the unlocked version.

7. Dieego macrumors member

Well Tim said something like they won't be able to cover the plus demand by December so will take more time.

8. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

i hope they never meet demand.

9. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

They are in stock most every day, just sell fast. Go to Apple.com and select the buy button on the iPhone 7 page. You will find a "Local Pickup option" once you select this it will tell you which models are in stock. Just check it every evening until the model you want is in stock then buy it online. It will then give you options to select the time you want to pick up.

I picked up a SIM FREE 256Gb Silver this morning at 10am

10. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

11. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

You can get bestbuy to price match.

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Probably won't be until December when Plus models are fully in stock in every color and storage capacity

13. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

It's going to be way more effective to keep an eye on istocknow.com. That will track the "normal" stock you can select when placing a pick up order as well as the IUP reservation stock. And don't just check at 12:01; phones are going to appear for reservation throughout the day, especially mid-morning as shipments arrive and are unpacked. Checking a little before they open is probably a good idea.

If you're only checking at 12:01, like the Apple site suggests, then you're only seeing the stock left over from the previous day. Which, for the plus, generally means no stock.

14. itsray macrumors 6502

sometimes checking online isn't as good as just calling the store to see if they have any. have you tried that? i know you're in florida. so am i but in south florida, usually we get more frequent shipments. try to call the store near you and ask.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

When you call the store do you ever get someone who actually works there? I'd tried calling the store in Anchorage since I'll be flying there this week and the guy that answered sounded like he was from somewhere in the south and I was asking about getting one for GCI which is a local Alaskan carrier and he seemed to have never heard of it so I can only assume I got forwarded to a call center somewhere.

16. itsray macrumors 6502

from my experience from actually working at an apple store yes. they have people who rotate shifts that just sit in the back and answer the phones.

17. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

I'm in South Florida too, I saw some 256 JB+on the weekend for SIM-Free way down south but nothing since. I needed the AT&T IUP.

18. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

Why don't you try what I suggested. It worked for me, and I know several others that have done the same thing.
    For that matter my store has another one in stock right now.

19. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

They do not offer that price match on iphones, as quoted by management at best buy.

20. Thor_1, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Thought I would throw it out there. Several people in these forums said they did.

Called one of my local ones and they will. Also compared best buy prices to apple website and they are the same.

21. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

proof please, i see 50 dollars higher for unlocked model.

22. iRobby thread starter macrumors 6502a

iRobby

My understanding was the afternoon shipments are held for next day Which is why Apple says check at 12:01am and the shipment stock is posted.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2016 ---
    Im in
    Fort Myers. My local store is at Coconut Point in Estero, FL snd further south is Naples, FL

23. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

24. itsray macrumors 6502

prices are the same no matter where you go. if you see a different price at best buy just tell them and they will adjust it.

25. wolfedude88 macrumors regular

wolfedude88

Actually he was correct. Best Buy is always higher on full price for phones. The 7 plus 128gb is 969 on their site, that's $100 more.

But yes their general rule is to price match it if it is an out of stock item everywhere they can deny it.

If that happens I would Just keep asking for a manage