Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
Not enough to justify the $500-1000 price difference between the 2 if the upgrades are what people are speculating. They have to be able to justify the price difference. Not just a little better, but $500-1000 better. Sorry, but a dedicated graphics card, a bigger monitor, and a little more power doesn't justify it for most people.

I don't see Apple making all of the upgrades some people are thinking. Some, yes, all, no. It is a wish list by many.

it also has a lot more ports, including the express card slot, which IMO is a huge deal...

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
sorry to bump this, especially since there is really not any "right" answer, but I am still undecided though leaning towards "buy it now" and could use some more insight(insite?) and food for thought.

If I sell the printer/iPod Touch, and pay out of pocket say $800 USD for the MacBook, how much could I expect to sell the MacBook for in 4 months assuming it is still new and unopened? If I buy it now I wno't actually have it in my hands until I get back from Asia in November..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.