Any recommendations for ipad bag with shoulder strap?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by richard371, Mar 13, 2011.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I know they look like man purses but I prefer to have a shoulder strap when i'm out with the ipad. Carrying it around in my hand just doesn't seem safe especially when walking around in a busy city etc. Any recommendations of a somewhat stylish bag but nothing crazy like LV etc? Prefer a perfect fit. I like the tumi cases but they do not have a shoulder strap.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Did you check out the Tumi messenger bags, esp the T-Tech line? Might also want to check out Crumpler and Timbuk2.

3. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I ordered and received the Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad. Hi quality and nice looking shoulder bag. The iPad compartment has thick padding.

Men carry cell phones, iPods, iPads, wallets, organizers, mustache wax... gotta have a place to keep it all! The Ristretto looks rugged and I have no concerns about wearing it around. If someone is going to mistake it for a purse, that's their problem. Now I just have to get an iPad to go in my spiffy new bag...

4. sam2428 macrumors 6502

5. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I bought this one at Office Depot a few weeks ago.

http://tinyurl.com/6fvnkev

It's not as girly as I would like but the pockets and roominess more than make up for it. Then strap is comfortable and the space for the iPad is nicely padded.

6. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I have that bag. It's great for carrying the iPad but if you want to put keys or a wallet in it, the bag will bulge. Also, the back pocket is not very big and does not have anything to close it. If you tip it over more than likely everything will fall out. If I hadn't spilled coffee on it i would have returned it.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I just picked this one up too myself. Saw it in a MicroCenter and looked pretty decent. It's made for netbooks but will hold an iPad without any problems. Lots of pockets and isn't too cheap looking but might not be as stylish as you'd like.

8. VanillaBean macrumors newbie

9. jedolley macrumors 68000

Skooba Designs Netbook/iPad Messenger

Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad is a really nice bag. I did a review for it last year and the thread is probably still around here some place. With that said, I ended up returning mainly because I was not using it as often as a $100+ bag should be used.

I am now using the Skooba Designs iPad Messenger (Netbook compatible too). It's a great bag with lots of features, space, and pockets and all under $50 (I got mine for $35 from Amazon). As soon as I get my new iPad I will do a review on it with pics. I already plan on using this for an upcoming trip and it will be carrying the iPad in it's dedicate pocket, my Wife's netbook in the main compartment, my Kindle 3 in another compartment, and various other accessories and it's still a small compact messenger bag.

http://www.skoobadesign.com/netbook-ipad-messenger-bag

10. Hellokittyutah macrumors member

I think the Scoobadesign harmony is soo cute! Any other cute leather ones for girls?

11. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I've used the STM iPad Jacket shown on amazon for a year. for the quality, price, and size it wins for me. not a big bag, mostly for ipad and a phone or small thin items in the 2 pockets, back has a thin large pouch for papers etc. I use the grab handle, but it has a removable shoulder strap.

12. epicmar macrumors regular

13. saniko macrumors member

For a mere $344, the Vaja iPad Messenger will rock your world!

14. Mdifilm macrumors regular

15. neonbright macrumors member

I have this and love it.

CaseCrown Messenger Pocket Bag for Apple iPad-MCU3173A

16. chobie macrumors newbie

17. tp1 macrumors newbie

18. glen e macrumors 68030

LOL - 1/2 the cost of the pad.....get a small cargo bag form SFbags.com - extremely high quality

19. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Not an iPad-specific bag, but the maxpedition jumbo versipack holds iPad very well. Maxpedition makes military-spec-ish gear. Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you're into it you can check it out here

20. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

I heard it is okay leather

But rEally get a 13" bag. - end thread

21. Tesyz macrumors newbie

If you just want to carry only tour iPad, so i highly recommand you to but this case

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-ez-10092...35?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1308744485&sr=8-35

I bought thé 13" version and this is awesome. It can resist to rain and a good resistant against the drop.

Here is the link of the 13" version. Very cool to carry paper or newspaper with your iPad. I personnaly transport my iPad with the apple keyboard.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-ez-13-in...1_6?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1308744757&sr=8-6

22. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I love this bag...The beautiful Italian leather is soft but very thick and between the quality leather and the nice padding both my 11" MacBook Air and my iPad2 are nicely isolated from any form of abuse I can throw at it...it also can carry about any and every type of accessory I could possibly need...pricy at $250.00 but well worth it to me...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here it is with my leather sleeve...I don't typically use the bag with this heavy leather sleeve (overkill) but I took a photo to show the quality of both in one shot...
    [​IMG]

23. Hellokittyutah macrumors member

Are you male or female? Would it look good for a woman?

24. honeycomb macrumors newbie