Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hogmog

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Thames Valley, UK
I am looking for a Bluetooth mouse to go with my PB G4 1.67. Have had a poor experience with McAlly, the mouse packing up on the 367th day. Battery life was exceptionally poor too. Currently using a Microsoft USB RF mouse which works brilliantly and batt life seems to be extremely good. Unfortunately takes up a valuable USB port. Any good, reliable, power frugle Bluetooth mice out there? Also anyone with experience of the "Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000" - my presentation remote control seems to be on its last legs as well and this looks to fit the bill of both mouse and presentation tool through BT.

Thanks

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Give the Apple BT Mighty Mouse a try. I've using them both wired and BT since they shipped over the last couple years and haven't has any real trouble with either.

The BT has reasonable battery life in the 3-4mo. range using daily and allow it to go into sleep, rather than switching it off. Using a pair of Lithium AA's My next pair will be a hybrid rechargeable and see how they go. The'll add some weight, though.

Only maintenance needed is to invert it and run a cloth across the scroll ball to clean it. It's only needed but every so often (every few months).

It's, for me at least, one the most comfortable mice I've ever used. I use all four buttons, but mostly the three across the top (L/C/R).

Another BT mouse I used to use (and still like) is the Kensington mini Pilot BT (I think that's the name). Kinda gray/blue with soft-grip.

hogmog

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Thames Valley, UK
Thanks gr8tfly. Had forgotten about the BT mightymouse - will try and see if I can have a go with one when I next visit the Apple store in London (or the new one in Reading, which ever presents the opportunity first).

richardson.hila

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2007
I would recommend the Logitech VX Revolution BT mouse, simply for it's superior ergonomics, style and range. I'm not entirely sure on the length of warranty, but Logitech tend to give you a substantial guarantee on their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.