iPhone X Any regrets?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Feb 13, 2018.

1. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

All the plus users who went to an ipnone x have you had any regrets or do you love the x?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I went from the iPhone 7 Plus to the iPhone X. Have had it since launch day and love the phone. I don't miss my iPhone 7 plus at all.

3. Clix Pix, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Je ne regrette rien..... I regret nothing and am more than happy with my iPhone X! I had previously had the iPhone 7 Plus, and prior to that the 6 Plus and 6s Plus. It is so nice to be able to stick my physically-smaller iPhone X with the larger screen real estate into a pocket after years of not being able to do so, and I love the screen and Face ID (the latter really surprised me, as I had expected to wind up not using it, thinking it would be as unsatisfactory for me as Touch ID had been).

4. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

None, love the phone.

5. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

6. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

I was really worried I wasn't going to like the face ID. Love it, it work so smoothly it is like I don't even have to do anything but pick up the phone and with one swipe, one motion my phone is unlocked and open. The size is perfect too.

7. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I keep my iPhone X on a stand on the computer workstation and when an email comes in or a call, all I do is glance at the phone and -- boom! she unlocks and I'm ready to go..... Loving this!

8. psy_duck macrumors newbie

psy_duck

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

With the touch ID being the primary all these years, Face ID was a slight adjustment, but definitely has a bright future with iPhone X and hopefully the iPad lineup.

10. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I went from the 7Plus to the X. No regrets at all. I love the big screen size but in an overall smaller package.

11. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Another I went from the 7 Plus to the X here. And I don’t regret it one little bit.
    99% happy with the iPhone X.

I say 99% only because if they actually do bring out a bigger version of the X this year I may be tempted by it. But I’m not entirely sure of that because I’ve grown to really like the form factor of the current X.

Oh, aside from that god damn protruding camera. But that’s an issue with almost all iPhones at the moment.

12. DNichter macrumors 604

DNichter

No regrets at all. The Plus size was too big and I much prefer the lack of bezels on the X and the smaller form factor. Unless you watch a ton of video on your phone, not much advantage to the 8 Plus.

13. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Initially the narrowness of the phone compared to my plus bothered me, I felt like I was losing alot of screen real estate, but i got used to it and I love everything else so......

[​IMG]

14. Newtons Apple, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Went back and forth between the 8+ and the X multiple times. Back to the X as touch ID not working as well with dry fingers. Having to moisten before it knows my thumb. FaceID is better.

15. Raist3001 macrumors 6502a

Raist3001

Went from the 7+ to the X. I have a few issues, but I do not regret my decision at all. Can't wait for the X+ :)

16. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

no regrets here what so ever. 3 year plus user too. Rather have Face ID, less bezel and the phone is super quick. Happy customer.

17. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Started with an X, went to an 8 Plus, and am now back to the X. I learned my lesson. :)

18. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

Went from a 6+ to an X. Big upgrade for me. More screen + less footprint = perfect size. Not happy about the price but I don't upgrade every year and will hold on to this for a while.

19. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It should be expected as you have more to look at.

20. anitak1982 macrumors 6502

anitak1982

I didn't go from a plus to the X but actually opposite. I went from the SE to the X and I was thinking I would be upset it was so big in my pocket but it fits very well. I am a small woman with small hands and I have loved this phone from day one. I will not want to get a bigger one than this even if they do someday offer an X+

21. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

I went for the Plus iPhones as soon as they came out because I wanted a bigger screen but I did find them a bit unwieldy, especially in my jeans pocket. The X is the perfect combination of screen size and form factor. Face ID is magical (and I feel sorry for those who it doesn't work well for). I have no hesitation in saying that it's the best phone I've ever had.

22. dammit0 macrumors newbie

I am yet to purchase the latest iPhone can’t justify the price plus I’m still under contract hopefully prices for the X will have dropped and reading comments here I’m going to look at the X when time comes

23. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I went from a 8 Plus to the X and have not regretted it one bit. Size is the reason I switched so soon as I was going to wait for the 2018 phones. I had a 6 Plus before and went back to the 6 and then to a 6s so I now know that I just don't dig the big phones. The X is a great merger of all features.

24. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Yes I regret my purchase coming from a Plus. But not because of the size. I prefer the size of the X. I don't think the X is worth the money.

25. SparklyPickle macrumors member

I initially thought I would but nope!
    I LOVE my X