Any semi-hard transparent rubber iPhone 3G cases exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jmann, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I am looking for a completely transparent rubber iphone case. I have searched, and searched, and only can find ones with bumpy "designs" on the back like the diamond design. But I already have a skin on my phone, and wish to buy a completely clear one, so you can see the design and it is still protected. Thanks for any suggestions! :D

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

iSkin Solo
    Speck SeeThru

I would go with the Solo..

Your welcome.

3. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

I know about those. Notice I said "rubber" and transparent. Both of those only cover half of that requirement lol. Either hard and clear. or Rubber and colored. I need both.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Well its a kind of rubber, your wanting clear semi hard silicone? these are the only cases that will come close to your demands i think. they are semi soft silicone and clear..

This might do the job?
    http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php?color=arctic

Its a mix of clear very soft silicone and hard clear plastic spine..

5. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

I just want a sturdy transparent (clear) rubber case. It doesn't need to be a hybrid.

6. V4705 macrumors 6502

7. rogue7 macrumors member

the iskin is a rubber case. and transparent and sturdy

8. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

Sadly none of these is what I want. I want something that just barely covers the bezel and is rubber and completely transparent with no designs or logos. :(

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

You have a better chance making one yourself :p

10. ihonda macrumors 68000

11. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Isn't that what I linked? :p Those are completely void of design or logo, it's only shown on the photos. Or did you want it to cover the bezel more?

12. lollicup macrumors regular

just barely covers the bezel
    rubber
    completely transparent
    no designs or logos
    gives out back massages
    compliments my hair

basically OP you are being OVERLY picky :rolleyes:

You have the choice to be picky, but it sounds like you need a custom case or something that is not sold at the moment

I would go with what SPARKY posted earlier

13. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

No, it's basically what I wanted, I think its' from eforcity too. But I wanted a clear one. I actually went to their website and asked if they make a clear one, I don't see why they wouldn't. Hopefully they'll give me a good answer. :)

14. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

15. lollicup macrumors regular

lol you can only help someone so much online

this is why I hated having to do IT service over the phone

Me : ok click the windows button
    them: where is it
    Me : bottom left
    them: I don't see anything

-___-

16. jmann thread starter macrumors 604

jmann

Lol, that doesn't look transparent, and it isn't really what I want. But thanks so much for trying. :) I really appreciate.

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yeah you just didnt try hard enough! Not good enough, get out you cow!
    :D:D:D:p:p jk

18. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]
    really?? thats not clear on the top left? doesnt transparent mean see-through? these case sure are see through.

19. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I'm starting to get the feeling that your definition of "transparent" is different from mine. :confused:

20. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    that one looks transparent to me also.... i guess i don't know his definition of it either.

21. jonxwilliams macrumors member

I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who was reading this post:

I went ahead and ordered one of those cases a few posts above me off of the Hong Kong ebay seller. I chose the clear variety. Like the OP I too have been looking for the perfect clear case that's not a hard plastic that scratches, and not too flimsy like thin silicone.

I thought this case looked promising...I was wrong. I received it yesterday after 10 days shipping, and was severely disappointed. It is not soft at all, it is a hard plastic much like the Power Support Air Jacket Clear, just not as nice quality. It's a tad thinner perhaps, which is why that picture shows them bending it, but it is by no means "soft" or rubber-like. It was simply a cheap Air Jacket, and had a really poorly cut camera hole.

At least it was cheap, and free shipping - so I didn't waste too much. But be warned anyone looking at those ebay cases thinking it's like a softer material - it is not.

To the OP, if you are still searching for a case, this is the one I am currently using. It's about the closest I've ever found to what you want. I too am searching for the case that fits your criteria, so if you find a better one, please post it. Scroll down in that thread to see my comments after receiving it.

22. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

23. jonxwilliams macrumors member

The Spec See-thru has come up a few times, and mentioned earlier in this thread. The problem with it is that it's a hard plastic, I think the OP wants something that's semi-soft.

24. kicko macrumors 65816

I think its a hard find because companies do not want to make a perfectly clear soft case due to its very bad watermarking. Thats why every single clear/soft case has a inner coating.

I know you said this is in use with a skin, i assume already on the phone but what if you got the incipio NGP case and put the skin on the outside? Then you could have you cake and eat it too (so to speak)

I was curious about putting a skin on my slider case? The back skins are designed for a naked phone so the added surface space might alter the fit so bad it won't.

I know there was a thread about the clear griffin reveal and someone put a wrapsol on the back. It looked just as good as if it were on the inside.