Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
If things are going to be so "truly amazing" with your Galaxy Nexus which you say "ends it all", why then do you have your next upgrade already planned? And for whatever it's worth, browsing the web on a phone blows, whether its a 4.3 inch screen or 3.5. Get real.

It does blow. Then of course everything else can be done on PC much more efficiently. But if you need/have to browse web on a phone, iPhone is not a very good option.

timmciglobal

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
My iPhone 4 went for a swim and I tried the SGS2 and decided to order a 4s today.

My experience with the SGS2 was that android still isn't ready for primetime. Too many idiotic/disjointed user interface issues. Too many times clicking options menu or having to deal with scrolling that just wasn't quite smooth or operations that didn't quite make sense.

Also the app choices on android still much lower quality. Since stealing/pirating is rampant on android it doesn't shock me but still.

SGS2 does have amazing screen and I'd love a 4.3" iPhone but the android experience is still too Linux like for my taste. I don't want to program my phone I want to just use it.

Tim

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
not a chance...am thinking about the Galaxy nexus though....

----------

plenty of other keyboards in the market....handcent,swift key...etc...

I couldn't stand the keyboard of the S2 either. I hate swift also. Have tried so many Android keyboard. Of all the keyboards on Android maybe the Motorola keyboard is usable (for me).

I like the screen on the S2 a lot but wish they would have put a higher resolution screen like qHD or something like that. (maybe they were purposely saving that 720 screen for the Galaxy Nexus).

But bottom line for me was Samsung lack of real support for USA user. You can blame the carriers. You can blame Samsung. Either way someone is to blame by their complete lack of timely software updates for their original galaxy line of phones in the USA. Took 7-8 months for zsamsung to update to froyo 2.2.

To date Samsung still has not updated any USA Galaxy phones to gingerbread. And other manufacturers in the USA updated to gingerbread 3-5 months ago even on older phones like the EVO.

So buy the S2 (at least in the USA) and be happy with gingerbread cause you won't get ice cream until mid 2012 the way Samsung handles Android updates.

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
I returned my SGS2 for an iPhone 4S last Friday. 2 defective screens in a row and facing the chance of getting a 3rd if I exchanged it again, I decided to go back to an iPhone. Not regretting it.

ijohnbro

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
I just upgraded from a Galaxy S2 to an iPhone 4S

Because some of us like squinting at our screens and the heck with 4G LTE I would rather have 3G. I thought about upgrading myself into a Chevy Cavalier from a Cadillac to. I don't like how the Cadillac has built in navigation I'd rather use a paper map. I also got rid of my 46 inch LED Toshiba tv and upgraded to a 19 inch Sanyo box tv I got out of the trash. We all have choices and you my friend have good taste.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I have gone back and forth using the SG2 and the iPhone. The 4S is pretty nice and I am enjoying it now but I would not say it is faster or more advanced than the SG2. They are like two different tools.

Well I have been using my iP4S from the day it was released until yesterday when I jumped back to my Galaxy S2. I love them both but there is no comparison when it comes to CPU, GUI, keyboard, etc.

Siri was not enough for me and it is hard to use the little screen on the 4S after using the large screen on the SG2.:eek:

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Well I have been using my iP4S from the day it was released until yesterday when I jumped back to my Galaxy S2. I love them both but there is no comparison when it comes to CPU, GUI, keyboard, etc.

Siri was not enough for me and it is hard to use the little screen on the 4S after using the large screen on the SG2.:eek:

weird. exact opposite for me. after having the iphone for all these years and getting used to its compact size, using the wide galaxy 2 was unbearable. needless to say, it went up on ebay within an hour of buying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.