Any Shipments today? (Sunday)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doandy09, Mar 13, 2011.

1. doandy09 macrumors member

wondering if anybody knows if theres going to be shipment today at BB or Target?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No Sunday deliveries. But possible they got a late Sat aft. delivery that will hit the floor today. Doubtful, but possible. Probably best to get on a list somewhere and stop wasting time hunting and pecking for random units to pop up.

3. thmoore20850 macrumors newbie

Sunday deliveries at Apple Stores?

My Apple Store opens at 11 this lovely Sunday morning. Is it likely that they have received anything overnight? Many thanks.

4. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I wonder if units returned on Saturday might be sold on Sunday at any of these stores (Apple, Target, BB). Does anybody know how likely that might be? My local Apple store also opens at 11 am but I don't know if it's worth driving out there ore not. Any thoughts?

5. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I was told at the Apple store they do not sell open box returns. :(

7. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

From what I can tell, most Apple stores don't even sell iPad 2s. The ones I've been to don't seem to care if they're open box or not.:cool:

8. rtztgue macrumors regular

might be nice to know if the apple stores will get them. someone on the east coast will know in a few minutes... but then it hit me.. with cell phones these days and no long distance. I can call florida for nothing and ask the apple stores... then i can predict for west coast. If no one finds out in the next few minutes, I will call and post here.

9. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

They are such liars! I called 3 stores right when they opened asking if they received more shipment Saturday morning. I was told no. I went to 2 stores right at opening and I was told the same thing. I called again in the afternoon and I was told no new shipments. I called stores at 5pm and was told "We sold out of the shipment we received this morning" !!!!! :eek: I asked when did you receive shipment? They said this morning before the store opened.

THAT MEANS I WAS LIED TO ON THE PHONE AND IN PERSON!!!! :mad:

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

:D BB and Target have them, too, or so I hear. I figured since the OP started a thread about this, their phone lines must be out. :D

11. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I just called 3 Apple Stores. They said they do not receive any shipments on Sunday. They said to check back Monday.

12. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

The Houston Apple store told me the same thing (no new shipments on Sundays). However, I thought that maybe either the open-box returns would be re-packaged (it only takes some shrink wrapping right?) OR the returns which were not opened might be put back into the system and re-sold. Not sure how likely and I don't want to drive out there for nothing but I'd appreciate any news from the east coast about this before my store opens in an hour and 15 minutes!

13. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I want my iPad 2 :( There are people with like 3 and I have 0.

14. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I called 3 stores and was told "check Monday morning."

15. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I'm with you man. I have a stupid online order that won't ship for 4 weeks. :(

16. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Might as well start forming another line :/

17. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

This sucks so bad! Friday I waited in line 3 hours and by the time I got in store they only had 64G AT&T 3G in White. Not Black. I wanted Black. I went ahead and bought the White and on the way home opened it and HATED the white color. I returned it to the store 2 hours later. I thought I should be able to find a Black AT&T model Saturday. No such luck. :(

18. biosci macrumors 6502a

I have a feeling they lie on the phone too... Maybe they got a shipment in after youo called since you called at opening?

19. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

He called in the afternoon as well.

20. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

lol, same here.. I wanted a Black 32GB WiFi but they only had stupid White. I think white ruined everything.

21. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Exactly! I called all of the Manhattan stores in the afternoon and asked "Did you receive any new stock of iPads today?" I was told flat out no! I called again towards the end of the day and was told "we received stock early this AM and sold out." So I was lied to on the phone and in person. I was at the 5 ave store at 9:30am and the 14th store at 10:30am.

22. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

If iPad 2 doesn't beat Kinect as fast selling Consumer Electronic I would be shocked.

23. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The white looks cheap to me. It looks like it's framed in plastic. The Black in my opinion has a more classy look framed in glass.

24. rtztgue macrumors regular

I wonder how much is lying and how much is just untrained and uninformed employees. With the way apple does their rollouts those of us on this site know more about it than the apple employees. I actually saw an employee quoted as saying he intentionally stays in the dark so that he can't tick apple off by giving wrong info. But on the other hand... they roll the items out and the employees know Jack! I get tired of asking for clarification on a single point and having an apple employee know less than me... come on, you should know the ipad 2 has a 3 axis gryroscope....or what accessories work and how... as well as stock levels and shipment in your own store.

btw just called tampa store and they have a "very" limited supply.

25. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

How sad is it that I have the phone number of every Apple Store in the NYC area saved in my iPhone address book? That's just straight pathetic! lol :p